Less and More in 2013

I’ve got a lot on my mind for 2013.  I began jotting down some ideas of what I want more of in my life and what I want less of.   The list started off with “less sugar” as I came down from my Christmas sugar coma and felt so blah- yucky skin, lower energy, and a feeling that I needed a sugar detox.  But the list immediately grew into deeper things.  The older I get, the more I find we all want these deeper things.  We all crave inner peace, a full life, and true love.
I’m hoping to keep the momentum of slowing down, keeping priorities straight and spending time purposefully going throughout the year.  I want peace and beauty.  Life and joy.  The promise of hope and a fresh start that a new year brings.
I really think it’s going to be a beautiful year.
* * * * *

1. December 30, 2012 / 3:59 pm

Good for you Megan! That list looks a lot like mine. Truth be told…I want off the roller coaster. My bible study this past fall read the book A Life God Rewards by Bruce Wilkinson (also author of the Prayer of Jabez and Secrets of the Vine). After reading it, we all came to the conclusion we were doing a lot of things for the wrong reasons, and not for our eternal future. It really is a great book, and I highly recommend it. Probably the one most important tidbit from the book that has stuck with me is "living for the line, not the dot".
    Wishing you a Blessed New Year my friend!

2. December 30, 2012 / 4:23 pm

Wonderful list! I think focusing on the "more" side will definitely lead to less of the other stuff. Blessings!

3. December 30, 2012 / 5:11 pm

Love this! I am so with you!

4. December 30, 2012 / 5:17 pm

Girl, you are speaking my language!! These are all the things I need to do in 2013.

5. December 30, 2012 / 5:57 pm

I do a word for each year and my 2012 word was actually a pair or words.. less / more! I had many of the same "goals" you have listed.. and met most of them to an extent! There were other less / mores that happened in my life.. unexpecteds.. and God was there as always and I grew as a result. Praying you have a great less/more 2013!

6. December 30, 2012 / 6:37 pm

Lovely sentiments. I'm going to use the myself.

7. December 30, 2012 / 6:57 pm

I love this list! We all less of so many things and more of others. Well said!

8. December 30, 2012 / 7:49 pm

Wonderful list! I love the focus on more to a better you! Less tv is a big one on my list !

Krista

9. December 30, 2012 / 7:53 pm

Less funk/more fun…I think I'll adopt that as my motto this year!

10. December 30, 2012 / 8:05 pm

That list sounds just like mine, well except for the less coffee seeing as I don't drink any caffeine. Blessings to you and a Happy New Year!

11. December 30, 2012 / 8:30 pm

Amen to that list! I am with you on all of that! Beautiful put, friend! xo

12. December 30, 2012 / 8:41 pm

what a lovely list! very concise and powerful!

13. December 30, 2012 / 11:05 pm

love this! Need to print this out to hang up as a great reminder.

14. December 30, 2012 / 11:21 pm

love it! that about says it all for me too. 🙂 Happy New Year! stop on by to check out my "word/s" for the year. 🙂 really feeling the same as you. it must be that growing old thing – ha, ha! big 4-0 for me this year.

15. December 30, 2012 / 11:24 pm

Love this list!

16. December 30, 2012 / 11:29 pm

Great words to live by for the new year!

• December 31, 2012 / 2:35 am

Yes, of course!

17. December 31, 2012 / 1:35 am

This is a perfect list for me too! Great ideas!

18. December 31, 2012 / 1:36 am

This looks a lot like my list! Great ideas!

19. December 31, 2012 / 1:56 am

I couldn't have said it better myself. Love this!!!!

20. December 31, 2012 / 3:10 am

What a great list! I hear you on the sugar detox… ugh! 🙂

A great book I just started – recommended on another blog – Mitten Strings for God – Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry

The chapters are short and I've been trying to read one a day. It's just refreshing and really makes me think about what I can do to slow down (even with a baby!)

~Laura

• December 31, 2012 / 3:29 am

Thank you Laura! I'll check it out. I love finding new books.

21. December 31, 2012 / 3:42 am

I wasn't going to make a list this year but yours is so good and really spoke to me that I'm going to copy yours! 😉 Except for the less coffee part, I still need my 2 cups in the morning! Great post!
    ~Beth

22. December 31, 2012 / 10:26 pm

Beautiful and important reminders!

23. January 2, 2013 / 5:07 am

Great List! I'm printing it out and putting it on my fridge! Happy New Year!

24. January 2, 2013 / 5:40 pm

What a beautifully written post Megan! I love this less/more list! What a great way to wrap your mind around your goals. I think we are definitely on the same page. I spent the 1st cleaning out my pantry and refrigerator even though I'm still not done putting Christmas away. I just really wanted to start the year out on a super healthy note! I'm doing a sugar detox too!

25. May 24, 2013 / 12:49 am

Your list is so wonderful!! It's like you went inside my head and put my random thoughts on paper. Kind of scary actually. I Pinned it. Good luck with your 2013 goals!!!

26. May 24, 2013 / 12:52 am

I love your list! It's like you went inside my head and jotted down all the random things I think about. Kind of scary actually. Good luck with your 2013 goals!!

27. June 28, 2013 / 8:16 am

such a great idea!!! wish you good luck!
    greets from germany,