Necklace & Jewelry Organization

As the closet clean-out continued, next on the hit list was an array of jewelry I never wear.  Truthfully, I’m terrible at accessorizing, opting most days for diamond stud earrings or simple hoops, and James’ birthstone necklace or my favorite “j” necklace.  But, I’m hoping weeding through and giving away what I haven’t worn in forever and keeping everything else out in the open will encourage me to wear it more.  I think it’s working because I’ve worn three different necklaces this week.

I’ve got my necklaces hanging on a piece of foam board that I covered with decorative paper.  I used thumbtacks to hold the necklaces.
Thumbtacks also hold some of my earrings.
Little trays are perfect for keeping bracelets and watches.
I’ve had the first jewelry board for awhile, but I just made this one, since I now have extra room with lots of clothes donated.
Bowls from Anthropologie and West Elm hold bangles.
I really like having everything were I can see it.  The decorative paper is from Paper Source.  The silver thumbtacks are from WalMart.

* * * * *

1. November 16, 2012 / 1:43 pm

Loved it the first time and still do. I need to do something like this, the drawer thing is just not working!!

2. November 16, 2012 / 2:07 pm

Thanks for the inspiration. I totally need to do this! I see a project in my future!

3. November 16, 2012 / 2:50 pm

I'd like to make an appt. for you to fly to nashville and you do my necklaces this weekend. I'll buy lunch =) xoxo shel

4. November 16, 2012 / 3:03 pm

This is a great idea and even better – it looks great too! My "real estate" for storing stuff is pretty limited at the moment, but this inspires me to try to think of a better way to keep my jewelry so that I actually see it, so I will wear it more!

5. November 16, 2012 / 3:39 pm

Beautiful! This reminds me that I need to re-organize my jewelry armoire!

6. November 16, 2012 / 3:47 pm

A fabulous idea. I always find myself fighting with my necklaces as they get tangled with each other. you have inspired me!!

7. November 16, 2012 / 4:05 pm

that looks organized and pretty 🙂 on the side note, i'll be taking anything you're giving away!! yay!!!

huggies***
    rea

8. November 16, 2012 / 4:13 pm

So gorgeous, girl. I have run out of room so I think I need to do something like this. I spy a familiar bracelet 😉 Have a great weekend.

9. November 16, 2012 / 4:22 pm

Oh it looks great! Love your jewelry too!

10. November 16, 2012 / 4:51 pm

IT's nice when it is out so you can see what you have. Great organization!

11. November 16, 2012 / 8:50 pm

This is such a great way to organize jewelry. It looks so pretty Megan. Mine is in a couple drawers and I tend to reach for the same earrings, bracelet and necklace all the time. You've inspired me to find a place to organize like you have. It's fun to switch out what we're wearing. Love your jewelry….especially that turquoise beaded necklace and pretty wrapped bracelet. Enjoy your weekend!

12. November 17, 2012 / 12:23 am

How lovely! The display looks so bright and fun. I need to do something like this for my jewelry — it's always getting tangled, and I hate not being able to see everything, all out in front of me! 🙂 Happy Friday!

13. November 17, 2012 / 6:38 am

Love the board idea with the necklaces, I really need something like that. Jewelry organization is my nemesis, thanks for the great ideas!

14. November 19, 2012 / 5:59 am

Such a great idea! I am totally looking for a new solution in my closet! Thanks!

15. November 20, 2012 / 12:54 pm

I keep all of my jewelry out on display in my closet too! It's not only easy to reach and nicely organized but it makes me closet feel pretty 😉 Love the foam board idea!