Christmas Dough Bowl

I hinted that our dough bowl might be getting a Christmas makeover and it happened this weekend.  Just a few additions transformed it from fall to festive.  I’m all about simple yet bold with RED this year.  Last year, all of our Christmas decor was very pure and angelic, with white, silver, gold and green.  This year, I’m breaking out and going with an energetic and strong color.
The dough bowl is filled with faux snow (an after Christmas find from Pottery Barn several years ago and still going strong), pine cones, red ornaments, two teeny birds, and some real branches trimmed from James’ Christmas tree.

It really brings some holiday cheer to the kitchen.

I adore the little bird in a nest (from Michaels and Hobby Lobby).

Are you getting in the Christmas spirit?!
* * * * *

P.S. Any of you still hanging with me on The Voice?! I loved Amanda’s strong rendition of Adele’s Someone Like You- just awesome!  I still can’t tell who’s gonna win- what do you think??

1. November 27, 2012 / 12:11 pm

Loving the Christmas dough bowl! I haven't started decorating yet…I need to get on that!

2. November 27, 2012 / 1:13 pm

Love your stile. Do you gonna do a house tour for the Christmas

3. November 27, 2012 / 1:26 pm

Very pretty. Snow and pinecones are my favorite combination:)

4. November 27, 2012 / 1:48 pm

So pretty! I love the little cardinal. I'm with you on the red. I never decorate with it but this year my silver, gold, and white tree just needed a hit of colour.

5. November 27, 2012 / 2:05 pm

Your bowl looks beautiful! I'm doing red accents this year too, and am loving it!

6. November 27, 2012 / 2:28 pm

I love your bowl and The Voice 🙂 Amanda is great but I really like Cody and Nicholas too. I just don't know who's going to win!

7. November 27, 2012 / 5:34 pm

Those birds are so cute! I've decorated a bit so far this year and am using lots of red too.

8. November 27, 2012 / 7:23 pm

Love this little vignette! Mixing sparkles + nature is my favorite way to do Christmas : )

9. November 27, 2012 / 8:18 pm

So pretty! I've been wanting a dough bowl! I've got a lot of the Christmas decorating done but not all of it.

10. November 27, 2012 / 9:00 pm

So gorgeous, Megan! Love your nativity post too! I have a large collection, and this year I let S arrange them all on the bookcases, however she wanted. I hear her playing with them, and being the voice of Jesus. It about turns me into a puddle!

11. November 27, 2012 / 9:47 pm

I change it up every year since I have such an assortment to choose from. I am taking a risk this year in my formal dining room, red and turquoise. So far I like it. Red is my favorite, I always use it no matter what color I pair it with. The dough bowl looks awesome! Thinking I might have to bring mine inside now to use it for Christmas.

The Voice! My favorite show. Cassadee, Trevin, Terry, & Cody are my picks. Christina was so transparent last nigh showingt that she is a sore loser, such harsh criticism to all the contestants, was not becoming of her.

12. November 28, 2012 / 3:42 pm

I love how you decorated your dough bowl!! I had that same way in my hand at the Nutcracker Market and then talked myself out of it! uggh now I regret it. I had been looking for those everywhere as well, but was hoping to find one in a darker wood. But now I love yours! There's always next year… 🙂

13. November 28, 2012 / 7:13 pm

what a pretty idea!! love it.

14. December 3, 2012 / 7:22 pm

I lover your dough bowl! Please let me know where you get it? I have been trying to find a perfect one and i love yours!