Organized Paint Supplies & Organized Home Link Party

Welcome to my Organized Home link party!  Y’all know how much I like to keep things organized and pretty at my house, but behind the scenes sometimes looks different.  There are many areas of our home that could use some help in the organization department.

I’ve been spending more time on home projects lately, but have been so annoyed when I’m looking for certain supplies and I can’t find them in the chaos of an unorganized garage.

I knew I needed to take control of my supplies and relocate them to my garage (our house has two separate garages) where I can organize them how I like and also keep them at my eye level.  It’s hard to tell, but in the picture above, I had to stand on my tip-toes to even see what was on the top shelf.

But my garage wasn’t much better. . .

It took less than an hour to pull everything out, vacuum the floor, toss the trash, dust off the spiderwebs-eww!, and take what belonged inside to the house.

I purchased a 5-tier shelving unit from Lowe’s to hold all my paint and supplies.  I was surprised to see how much spray paint I’ve amassed over the years.

This is so much better!  I love that glorious “after” feeling!  Now I can see the rainbow of colors I have and stop buying more white because I think I’m out- I discovered that  I have about 10 cans of white spray paint!

* * * * *

Link up any space in your home that you have organized!  It can be a whole room, or just a shelf or drawer- anything well-organized goes, maybe it’s even a system you’ve developed to help your household run more efficiently.  Be proud of what you’ve accomplished in your home.  Let’s be honest, it’s not easy!

Feel free to grab my button too.  I’ll keep the party open for a week and then feature some of your posts the beginning of September.  Thanks for linking up with me!

* * * * *

Also, thank you to everyone who entered the Stella & Dot giveaway!  The winner is:

Please email me at: honeywerehomeblog@gmail.com to claim your prize!

document.write(‘

1. August 24, 2012 / 1:27 pm

Looks great – getting organized feels good – also nice to see your inventory as you mentioned, that happens to me all the time.

2. August 24, 2012 / 1:42 pm

Hi! I saw your appearance on Fox… congrats! Your home looked beautiful and the DIY you shared was awesome. 🙂 Thanks for hosting this link-up…can't wait to see more of what everyone comes up with!

• August 24, 2012 / 3:34 pm

Thank you so much!

3. August 24, 2012 / 2:53 pm

We are moving next week, can you come to our house and help me organize?! It is so overwhelming- but always so worth it in the end. Your paint shelves look so pretty!!

• August 24, 2012 / 3:33 pm

That's the feeling I get- like losing 20 pounds! 🙂

4. August 24, 2012 / 3:04 pm

Wow! what a difference- so you wanna come clean out my garage? actually I would be so embarrassed and would die if you saw mine! seriously-not-pretty- and kinda teetering on ghetto.

5. August 24, 2012 / 3:15 pm

Looks so good… and all that spray paint makes my heart happy 🙂

6. August 24, 2012 / 3:16 pm

I found your blog via Iheart Organizing and LOVE it! My paint stuff is in the same mess in the garage as yours was … so this was the perfect post to give me a little motivation! Can't wait to check out all the fun ideas at your link party. Thanks!

7. August 24, 2012 / 3:38 pm

looks a lot better now!! you actually have a lot of paint that i could probably shop from your garage 🙂 lol!

huggies***
    smartmomma

8. August 24, 2012 / 4:40 pm

Thanks for hosting! I love how colorful it looks with all of your paint organized like that. Great job!
    Sarah

9. Jennifer H
    August 24, 2012 / 5:50 pm

OMG! I thought I had a lot of spray paint and craft paints. Together we're keeping someone in business 🙂 love ur shelf I need something like this in my garage that hubby is banned from touching

10. August 24, 2012 / 5:50 pm

I am really looking forward to all the inspiration to be found in this party! I had to laugh, I had that same magnolia picture and finally just parted with it at my last garage sale! Have a great weekend 🙂

Amy

11. August 24, 2012 / 9:50 pm

Great job- we recently did the same thing and WOW. Just like you, I have accumulated so many cans of spray paint and paint samples too, crazy!

12. August 25, 2012 / 5:00 am

The garage is next on my list to tackle! Not very excited about to say the least. Great job on your garage and thanks so much for the inspiration!

13. August 25, 2012 / 6:18 am

Hi Megan! Looks SO good! I love a good organized "after." 🙂 I linked up two posts of mine: tips on getting and staying organized and a list of all of my organized spaces (too hard to just pick one!). Hope that's ok! I'm a little obsessed with organization. 🙂

I emailed you a while back (Erin from thesunnysideupblog.com) and asked you about your marble countertops. We are building and I wondered how you feel about them now that you've lived in your house a while? I love the look of marble but hear how hard it is to maintain and wondered if you still love it?

Thanks so much! And thanks for your fun blog! 🙂

14. August 25, 2012 / 4:06 pm

Yay! I just linked up. I'm a tad undiagnosed OCD so this is a perfect first link up party for me.

But please, PLEASE don't judge me. Anyone want to tell me how to grab that there button to add to your blog??

Yes i'm a new blogger. Just trying to learn the ropes 🙂

Stephanie

blogmoreworryless.blogspot.com

15. August 25, 2012 / 4:43 pm

This exact project is on the "Need to Do" list in our house! I can't wait to check out some of the other projects, too … Lots of reading I have ahead of me this weekend!

16. August 26, 2012 / 2:11 am

Hey Megan-

I can relate about all that paint…lol… I love that you have your own garage. 🙂

I just hopped online, taking a break from my hot Saturday night taking inventory and reorganizing my craft closet. I've already attacked my freezer, cabinets, kids' toys, and home office in the past two weeks. But haven't had the time with Moose starting school to blog about it.

Anyway, thanks for hosting. I'll be back to put in some new ideas this week…

Have a great Sunday,
    Nicolette

17. August 27, 2012 / 12:20 am

I've missed so much!! I'm sorry I didn't link for this! I added two of my projects…love your garage and everything linked up!

18. August 27, 2012 / 1:57 am

Your garage looks great!!! Mine is a mess. FIL passed away and we have all of his tools and what not. Soon though, it will be better. DH will be building a shed very soon. I couldn't sleep one night and emptied our bathroom linen and under the sinks. Cleaned it all out and organized it. No pics though. More project like that will be done once the kids go back to school.

19. August 27, 2012 / 12:34 pm

Thanks so much for hosting! I desperately need to organize my paint cans and spray paint, too. It's scary. :/

20. August 28, 2012 / 1:55 am

OOps – mine is 71 and I put MY name instead of the post's name! I am new at the blogging world and it shows ha.

21. August 29, 2012 / 4:20 am

I'm a "storage junkie," meaning I love to see how people store things, so parties like this are so much fun for me! I read organization/storage books & magazines — is that weird or what? Well, you did a great job with your storage shelves. I need to re-organize our paint supplies, but that will have to wait for cooler weather. Anyway, thanks so much for hosting, Megan!

22. February 10, 2016 / 4:17 am

This is awesome! I love seeing how others have to need to keep order in their lives too! Thanks for sharing your ideas!