Jug Vase Love

I love it when something so simple makes a big impact.  I found a green jug vase for $10 at Homegoods and clipped a couple branches from a tree in our backyard.  A perfect springtime centerpiece for our breakfast table.

The runner is from Target.
Easter has totally snuck up on my this year.  I just pulled out a couple of Easter decorations last weekend, but they are the same as last year, so I didn’t take any new photos.  I will keep it simple this year and focus on coloring eggs with James, taking the family to church and brunch, then having an egg hunt with the kiddos.  Can’t wait!

1. April 4, 2012 / 12:37 pm

painting and spending time with your loved ones over easter decorating activity? 🙂 I think you made the right choice! 🙂

2. April 4, 2012 / 1:01 pm

This is a great idea. I am having a dinner party Thursday night… I might have to snip a few of my branches and place them in a vase for an instant centerpiece.
    Your Easter plans sound wonderful. I am sure James will have a ball dyeing Easter eggs. It was always a family tradition to dye them with my dad the night before Easter.

3. April 4, 2012 / 2:17 pm

Love the idea of clipping branches! Also love the vase…such a pretty color!

4. April 4, 2012 / 2:57 pm

That vase works perfectly! Our branches are just starting to bloom here in MI, but I'm hoping to bring some in soon.

I'm in total denial about the fact that I'm hosting Easter this year. I haven't even planned out the menu!

5. April 4, 2012 / 3:58 pm

Your runner and vase look lovely. And, it SO doesn't have to stay just for Easter. Very springy!

6. April 4, 2012 / 4:49 pm

Great idea! I saw some of those vases too and almost bought one…told myself if it is still there when I go back this week then it will be mine!

Andrea
    the-blonde-ambitions.blogspot.com

7. April 5, 2012 / 12:23 am

So simple, and yet so beautiful. Just like spring! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend. It's the fun you have together, not the decorations, that will make your memories for years to come!

8. Courtney
    April 5, 2012 / 9:03 pm

I have the same vase from HomeGoods! Love it! Love your blog too. 🙂

9. April 11, 2012 / 5:55 pm

Hi Megan, your centerpiece is simple but so sculptural. Works well with the graphic drapes and mirror. Thanks for the shout out. Your friends at HomeGoods

10. Francesca
    April 24, 2012 / 2:56 pm

Hi- I love the way you decorate your place. I was wondering, what kind of paint color did you use?? My husband and I are trying to pick a new paint color for our living room. Thanks for your help!