The Good Croissants

This post could also have been called, “Impromptu Pajama Party” but it was really all about the croissants.  Croissants so good that Oprah herself declared them one of her Favorite Things in 2009.
These are the croissants that I finally ordered from Williams Sonoma, waited for about a week for them to arrive, then promptly ate the following Saturday morning.

They arrive at your door, frozen, packed in dry ice, 15 large croissants in a box. You let them rise overnight, apply an egg wash, then bake for about 15 minutes.

They come out looking like this.  And are seriously delicious, buttery, flakey, light addictive things.

On Friday night, having pulled out the frozen croissants to rise, I quickly texted a couple neighbors to invite them over to help us enjoy.  Originally planning on a pajama party at 9:00 a.m., once James woke us up at 6:30, we moved the party up to 8:00 a.m.  A casual, relaxed breakfast at home on the weekend is one of my favorite things.  Even better when sleepy friends and little kids come over.
Don’t mind that little curly-haired cutie on the bench!
Kids played.  I have a “thing” for kids in glasses.  And chubby kids. My heart just melts.
13 croissants didn’t stand a chance.  Then the grown-ups drank coffee and watched Pioneer Woman:)  Kids played until the living room looked like this.
10:00 a.m. on Saturday.
Hope y’all had a great weekend!

1. March 19, 2012 / 11:36 am

How Fun!!! The Croissants looked amazing, and what a great what to enjoy a Saturday morning than with good friends.

2. March 19, 2012 / 11:39 am

What a great way to spend a Saturday morning! Yum!!!

3. March 19, 2012 / 11:49 am

This sounds ideal! I have always wondered how these really tasted. Your neighbors must have been thrilled! If we end up hosting Easter, I may order a box.

P.S. You have me hooked on Huda beauty videos. I even went out and bought a contouring brush. 😉 Hugs!

4. March 19, 2012 / 12:04 pm

That looks like a great way to start a Saturday! 🙂 I was in Katy over the weekend…I should have come over for croissants too. 😉

5. Anonymous
    March 19, 2012 / 1:04 pm

If you think those are amazing you have to try the cinnamon rolls! We got them as a Christmas gift last year. TO DIE FOR!!!

6. March 19, 2012 / 1:08 pm

This is such a sweet little Saturday – love that you are friends with your neighbors! I have also heard amazing things about these croissants!! You convinced me to order them 🙂

7. March 19, 2012 / 3:06 pm

awww what a fun Saturday! What a nice neighbor you are!!

8. March 19, 2012 / 4:02 pm

Hi! I love reading your blog.I have a question for you. I couldn't find an email contact for you. Sorry. I know that you have the pb pearce sectional and I was wondering how you are liking it? How is it holding up? I've read lots of reviews and I'm not sure what to think. Is it sinking, like some reviewers stated? Is it stiff? Does it wash well? I have six kids.:) Thanks in advanced for your help.
    Crystal
    cmpinegar@msn.com

9. March 19, 2012 / 4:36 pm

That looks like so much fun! I never think to do an impromptu party like this but I'm sure everyone loved it! I've been dying to try those croissants as well…

10. March 19, 2012 / 6:15 pm

Those look amazing! Williams Sonoma is a dangerous place for me; I go in for one thing and leave with about twelve. Ha! If you all have a Trader Joe's around, you should try their chocolate croissants (they also have the whole rise overnight and use egg wash aspect). I used to live in France and I promise they taste just like the real thing.

11. March 19, 2012 / 7:49 pm

YUM! those look amazing and delish!

what a fun little party you had with the neighbors and kiddos!

12. March 19, 2012 / 8:26 pm

That looks like a perfect Saturday morning. Pajama parties are my favourite kind of party 🙂

13. March 19, 2012 / 8:46 pm

what a delightful saturday morning! Oh and those croissants look to.die.for!

14. March 20, 2012 / 12:31 am

Perfect! Glad everyone enjoyed them!

15. March 20, 2012 / 1:56 am

This looks divine, delish and relaxing! Loving your blog! 🙂

16. March 20, 2012 / 2:27 am

Whoa! those croissants look so so delicious!! I live in a french island and those look faaaaaar better than the ones I get here 😉

17. March 20, 2012 / 10:34 am

that looks delicious! 🙂 i'm sure you made your friends' weekends extra special 🙂

18. March 20, 2012 / 3:22 pm

and just like that, im going to order those croissants!

19. March 20, 2012 / 6:18 pm

Aw so fun. What delicious looking croissants! I'm a total bread-a-holic girl so I'm craving those now 🙂

20. March 21, 2012 / 6:19 pm

Sounds like utter perfection!! I wish I was your neighbor.

21. March 22, 2012 / 2:29 pm

How fun! Sounds like my perfect Saturday morning. I am copying this idea!!!

22. March 23, 2012 / 11:18 pm

What a really fun-thing to do, & a great experience for the children!
    CAS