Weekend Fun

As I alluded to on Friday and shared on Twitter, my hubby and I took a little road trip last weekend to Dallas and attended the Texas State Fair and Texas vs. OU college football game.  My hubby knows college football isn’t my thing, but some time away with him is and getting to hook up with one of my blog besties made the trip wholly worthwhile!

The day was full of lots of food- the fair is known for all their fried concoctions so we indulged in a few.  My favorite is the funnel cake, but for kicks we tried the fried butter (which tasted like a buttery biscuit with a big warm pat of butter inside) and fried cookie dough.  Both were too rich for me, but lots of people go ga-ga for them.  The corn dogs are another favorite, but I passed those up.

The night before the big game, we got a chance to go to dinner with Cassie (Hi Sugarplum) and her husband, who is absolutely hilarious!  I was so relieved that our husbands got along so well and were able to hold their own conversation so Cass and I could chat uninterrupted for awhile:)

I’ve told y’all before, but Cassie is just like you would imagine she’d be from reading her blog.  She’s sassy and sweet, witty and funny, and one of those girlfriends that every woman needs in her life.  She’ll be honest with you and encouraging at the same time and she is completely genuine and “real”.  I so appreciate her take on the big things, like parenthood, since her kiddos are older than mine so she’s got more experience on her side.  And I loved that she wanted the chocolate cake too:)

1. October 10, 2011 / 2:20 am

Girl you look gorgeous! Wish I could get my hair to look like yours! And I am so jelly you got to meet Cassie, love her! Btw I just picked up sterling the dj lance costume too:)

2. October 10, 2011 / 2:37 am

Looks like such a fun weekend! Especially the part where you got to hang with Cassie! 🙂

3. October 10, 2011 / 2:49 am

ohmygoodness! You two are the cutest! What a fabulously fun weekend for you both.
    Abby

4. October 10, 2011 / 2:56 am

I was at the fair too yesterday…OMG it was a sea of burnt orange loveeeeddd it….. I had the fried butter for the first time too….I thought it was quite delightful and def something only to try once a year at the fair….

jen

HOOK EM'

5. October 10, 2011 / 3:12 am

I'm so glad you had a nice weekend away. You deserve it! We went to the fair a few years back, it was a lot of fun! And, is it just me, or is Big Tex super creepy??

6. October 10, 2011 / 6:24 am

Looks like a very fun weekend! You and Cassie are both gorgeous and how fun you got to meet up again!

7. October 10, 2011 / 1:59 pm

Looks like a wonderful weekend. Glad you and your hubby got to take some time away for just the two of you. I love to follow Cassie's blog too – you are both so beautiful!!

8. October 10, 2011 / 2:49 pm

What a fabulous weekend! So glad you and Cassie had a great time. You both are such sweethearts, and look amazing!

9. October 10, 2011 / 3:25 pm

Um, ohmygosh Megan!!! I'm totally teared up! What a sweet, unexpected post! I feel the same way about you!

We had the absolute best time with you guys, and if we lived closer, we'd totally be stalking you two for double dates all the time! I'm thrilled you made time for us, and so glad you guys enjoyed your weekend away.

You know what I'm really looking at in these pics, right? 😉

10. October 10, 2011 / 4:38 pm

Sounds like such a fun weekend. Cassie is definitely at the top of my list for bloggers I would love to meet! Next time I want to come! lol

11. October 10, 2011 / 5:01 pm

a funnel cake??? oh that sounds delish!!! well, anything fried sounds great to me right about now. what a FUN weekend 😉

12. October 10, 2011 / 5:25 pm

Eeeeh I'm SO envious of your bloggie meetup! Love you both, can't wait til I get to give you hugs in real life.

13. October 10, 2011 / 8:03 pm

Sounds like a great weekend! I love funnel cake too!

14. October 10, 2011 / 8:44 pm

Funnel cakes are my weakness! I could go for one right now.
    Souns like y'all had a great time and a wonderful getaway weekend. Sometimes those are so needed.

15. October 11, 2011 / 2:49 am

Looks like such a fun weekend (minus the outcome of the game!). And what could be better than fried food and meeting up with Cassie? How fun! Love that picture of you two beauties!

16. October 11, 2011 / 1:11 pm

what a fun weekend! and you both look gorgeous!

17. October 13, 2011 / 6:21 pm

So glad two of my favorite blog friends got to meet up (again)! Jealous. Makes me want to hop on over to Texas sometime soon!

18. October 14, 2011 / 10:15 pm

How fun girls! So glad you got to hang out! Bloggy besties party in Texas soon! (: