Fabric

When I have some time to myself, one of my favorite things to do is go to the fabric store and browse the aisles looking at all the color combinations, patterns, and styles.  In my neck of the woods, there is a Joann Fabric store nearby, and they have a nice selection, especially their specialty fabrics.  I found the fabric for my office drapes there.

A little further away is my favorite High Fashion Home.  They have several floors of fabrics, bolt upon bolt, everything from silk to leather, upholstery and drapery, and tons of styles and selections.  I’ve been known to spend hours browsing, coming home with a purseful of samples.  Here are a few I shot with my phone on a past visit.

The fabric for my living room/breakfast room drapes was purchased from High Fashion Home.  And you may recall that most recently, our dining room will be finally getting a set of drapes with this new fabric.
I’ve also ordered fabric online before from Fabric.com and have been happy with my order.
Where do you find your fabric?  I’ve heard that Calico Corners and Tonic Living are good, but I’ve never shopped them.

1. October 21, 2011 / 11:59 am

I have been on a fabric kick lately. I will totally check out your links for my inspiration. Thanks.

2. October 21, 2011 / 12:29 pm

I've been lusting over that Waverly Ikat fabric for months! Love it! Have a great weekend!

michelleleeinteriors.blogspot.com

3. October 21, 2011 / 1:34 pm

I was at High Fashion Home yesterday…that's my favorite. In Houston I also love Interior Fabrics. I've ordered from fabric.com…but I've learned to order the swatch for $1.50 first before jumping in for the whole order…one time my color was WAY different than it looked online.

4. October 21, 2011 / 2:26 pm

we have a mudroom bench like that i need fabric for…any recommendations on how i can make one??

5. October 21, 2011 / 2:39 pm

gorgeous fabrics in your home and in these samples!

i need to venture out and find some good ones here in Phoenix. I mostly just go to JoAnns.

Happy Friday Megan!

6. October 21, 2011 / 2:57 pm

Which JoAnns do you go to? I'm about to get a sewing machine!!

7. October 21, 2011 / 2:58 pm

Are these online stores as well! That would be great to peruse online! 🙂

8. October 21, 2011 / 3:12 pm

Calico Corners ROCKS… they will also make any custom piece and reupholster. I like your taste in fabric!

9. October 21, 2011 / 3:27 pm

I have gotten fabric from fabric.com and Calico Corners. I like them both. Calico Corners can get kind of pricey, so I make sure I have coupons before going there.

10. October 21, 2011 / 4:36 pm

I'm like a kid in a candy store with fabric – I have way too many hanging around I just haven't figured out what to do with yet! I love your drapes in your office, such a great pattern.

I've shopped with Tonic Living numerous times and have been super happy.

11. October 21, 2011 / 6:14 pm

I am a beginner sewer & am loving fabric these days 🙂 Just finished my first set of curtains for my dining room! Your bench/seat area covered in fabric against the striped walls looks great! Love your curtains 2!

12. October 21, 2011 / 6:47 pm

I love walking through Joann Fabrics and drooling. That's where I go most often if I'm looking for something specific.

13. October 21, 2011 / 6:58 pm

Love JoAnn's for their selection and price point. Calico Corners has nice fabrics, but is a bit pricey. We have some other great local stores here as well.

14. October 21, 2011 / 7:37 pm

I have several friends who order through fabric.com and really love them. I saw a couple of very similar fabrics to your features this afternoon!

15. October 22, 2011 / 3:25 am

I can get lost walking the aisles in Joanne's and I do love Calico Corners. There are so many gorgeous fabrics out there. I've always loved your office drapery fabric. Happy weekend to you, Megan.

16. October 22, 2011 / 12:13 pm

I have had success at Glick Fabrics, which I had heard was owned by High Fashion Home. I also love JoAnn's. The store by me has a ton of the fabric samples on hangers. You can rent them for a week, there is a $5.00 hold charge for each sample. As long as you bring the sample back within 7 days they don't charge your card. Have a great weekend!

17. October 24, 2011 / 7:28 pm

Check out Quilt Home – http://www.quilthome.com – they have a lot of designers and their customer service is great! I wrote a blog post about them a few weeks ago!

18. October 24, 2011 / 7:28 pm

19. October 25, 2011 / 3:53 am

Looks like I need to go back to HFH soon! I see a lot of things I like in your pics!

20. October 26, 2011 / 12:57 am

would you believe i've never, ever been to a local fabric store? i have no idea how to sew. but i'd love to try some of that no sew iron on tape.

21. March 11, 2012 / 7:17 pm

would you mind posting the names of the fabric that you used on the bench and your curtains – both old ones and new ones? thanks!
    erincyoung (at) yahoo.com

22. October 30, 2012 / 6:57 pm

I stumbled across your blog this morning and LOVE IT! I'll be back to read through it. Can you tell me, where did you find the desk in the first picture? Thank you!

23. October 30, 2012 / 6:58 pm

I love your blog! Can you tell me about the desk in the first picture? I'm looking for something similar. Does it have a drawer? Thanks!!