baby james (19 months)

It seems like the months are going faster and faster and our little guy is growing awfully fast.  He’s still a happy guy but will definitely voice his frustration if he doesn’t get his way or can’t figure something out.

James’ vocabulary is growing rapidly and being able to communicate together is just awesome.   We have actual conversations now.  In the morning they go something like this:
James:  “Pancakes, pancakes.  Milk, milk”
Me:  “You’re ready for pancakes and milk?
James:  “Yeah”
Me:  “Would you like a banana too?”
James:  “Banana!”
He was in great hands with my brother, sister, and mother in law when my husband and I went out of town recently.  He had a great time- absolutely loves Mexican food (rice and beans).  I love that they sent me text pictures the whole time we were gone so we could see how much fun he was having.

He even slept well (of course with Monkey and Wubby).

But I thought the “cousins in the bathtub” was just too cute!  Mohawks and all.

Back at home, James says “cook, cook” to let me know he wants to help in the kitchen.  His first chocolate chip cookies.

He had a great time at his little cousin’s first birthday party.

He’s doing great in school and comes home singing Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and is trying to count to ten in English and Spanish.  He also’s getting really good at the alphabet.  We practice saying his teachers names and bless his heart he’s trying.  He says his teachers names:
Anna “Anna”
Lilliana “Anna”
Paloma “Po-nana”
He loves to read and likes to identify all the animals or whatever he’s looking at.  When he sees the lion or tiger he says, “Roar!!”  He’s naming body parts and climbing up and down the stairs (with assistance).
And back to the kitchen.

He makes a mess, but is also my best helper.

Then, the other morning, while I was busy cleaning the kitchen, I turned around to find this.

He had fished out the empty peanut butter jar from the TRASH can, opened the lid, and was eating it!

Ahhh!!!  Oh, and he’s 25 pounds now!  We love you James!
__________________
keep in touch!

1. October 19, 2011 / 11:20 am

He is so sweet Megan! And fun too! 🙂

2. October 19, 2011 / 11:33 am

So gorgeous mommy!! Love the video 🙂

3. October 19, 2011 / 12:37 pm

What a cutie pie he is!! I loved the age that he is at now when my boys were little. Such a cute, cute age. Enjoy every bit of it!!

4. October 19, 2011 / 2:08 pm

Love it when you post James pictures – his smile is so adorable!! I love seeing all of the new things he's learning to do too!

5. October 19, 2011 / 2:49 pm

Bless you for showing us that your kitchen gets messy sometimes too!! I have drooled over your spotless kitchen so many times… 🙂
    James is absolutely darling!! I have pictures of my (then) 1 year old dipping into the peanut butter as well. So funny and so cute!

6. October 19, 2011 / 3:08 pm

OH Megan, he is just so so sweet! And handsome too!! Little heart breaker in the making! 🙂

7. October 19, 2011 / 3:15 pm

Megan, he is adorable! I have an 18-month-old and it's sad in a way because they grow up too fast! I am in awe of her everyday.

8. October 19, 2011 / 3:26 pm

I love that you let him help out in the kitchen, even if it is a little messy!

9. October 19, 2011 / 3:49 pm

James! You're getting so big!!!! He is so cute, Megan. Liam loves to help in the kitchen too. It's crazy messy but at least it keeps them busy! 🙂

10. October 19, 2011 / 4:46 pm

Just so precious! LOL re : peanut butter story!

11. October 19, 2011 / 5:27 pm

Awww! So fun at that age. Love the peanut butter and cooking pictures.

12. October 19, 2011 / 5:50 pm

What a cutie! We just celebrated our little guys 1st birthday. It's so exciting to see what type of progress we might see in a few months.

It's amazing how fast time flies.

13. October 19, 2011 / 7:47 pm

I always love your posts on James! He is so cute!! Would you tell James I would love a batch of "his" chocolate chip cookies! Too funny about the peanut butter. Thanks for sharing all the photos.

14. October 19, 2011 / 10:05 pm

that video is adorable! he's so cute! i agree with you the months do seem to be going by to fast!!

15. October 19, 2011 / 10:42 pm

Ugh. He melts me heart. So darling. I just want to hug him. It goes by so quickly. I love that you are enjoying all of it.

16. October 20, 2011 / 12:48 am

He is so cute. I have an 18 month old boy and he is doing the same things…except for the peanut butter! Mine is obsessed with flushing toilets currently!

17. October 20, 2011 / 1:28 am

Cute! One of my little guys is 19 months too. Such a fun age! Your kitchen looks beautiful! 🙂

18. October 20, 2011 / 2:02 am

Oh my gosh, what a cutie! And what a great little reel of photos! I LOVE your kitchen by the way – lovely.

19. October 20, 2011 / 2:12 am

Love the updates on James! Reid loves to put away cups from the dishwasher too! The only problem is he is always trying to unload it, even when it is dirty. Oh well. 🙂 The vocabulary surge is amazing isn't it?

20. October 20, 2011 / 3:22 am

What a sweet post – James seems like such a happy boy. How lucky we are to see these little ones grow and learn.

21. October 20, 2011 / 8:13 am

That peanut butter picture is priceless! Looks like I need to get a step stool so sterling can help in the kitchen! Great idea!

22. October 20, 2011 / 7:35 pm

Oh my goodness, he is so stinkin cute! And the PB debacle is hilarious!

23. October 21, 2011 / 4:58 am

He is so adorable! And I LOVE that you let him help you cook, too! Lillie LOVES helping in the kitchen and even though it makes everything take about twenty times longer it is so much fun, isn't it?

24. October 21, 2011 / 1:29 pm

What a cutie pie! My youngest is 13 months! I love that you include him in your blog posts!! 🙂 It helps to get to know the blogger when we see their wee ones at least occasionally! 🙂