Alphabet Print for Baby/Kid Room

A few weeks ago on a visit to Z Gallerie, I spotted a really cute alphabet print that I thought would be perfect for my son’s room.  It’s a good size, but $99, so I refrained from purchasing it.  When I saw the framed print again last weekend, I loved it as much as the first time so I went ahead and brought it home.

I needed something for the wall above James’ crib. I originally had my DIY book art up there, but it was hung with Command hooks and 2 of the prints ended up falling after nearly a year.  (They fell to the floor, not into the crib, which is about a foot from the wall, and no one was hurt).  I could’ve ruhung them, but I was ready for something new and will probably move the book art to James’ bathroom.

James loves to sing the A-B-C’s so I thought this art was particularly appropriate for his age.  Also, I love that it has animals depicting each letter.  So cute!!

1. October 4, 2011 / 12:43 pm

I love that! I have an alphabet nursery too and I was looking for something over the crib.

2. October 4, 2011 / 12:44 pm

That print is so darling!! I would have wanted to buy it too. In fact, I do! 🙂 I love that the letter "N" is for "Narwhal".

3. October 4, 2011 / 12:49 pm

What an adorable print – and so perfect in his room! 🙂 Glad you opted to bring it home for him!

4. October 4, 2011 / 1:08 pm

It's very cute!! James's room is always so tastefully decorated and clean!

The giraffe also makes me happy 🙂

5. October 4, 2011 / 1:28 pm

He's growing up…and so is his art! 🙂

Let me know when you're here and when you're free this weekend…also if I need to work on getting a sitter…before they are all booked up!!! 🙂

6. October 4, 2011 / 1:32 pm

Just precious! I think that's the shopping rule….that if you keep thinking about it, then you have to go back and get it! It fits his room perfectly.

7. October 4, 2011 / 3:27 pm

Love it! Perfect match for the decor of his room, and educational…two for one!!

8. October 4, 2011 / 3:36 pm

So cute! Love the illustrations. Natalie had an ABC quilt above her crib and she learned the ABCs really early b/c the quilt reminded me to sing them and point them out every day. 🙂

9. October 4, 2011 / 4:13 pm

Oh my! Cutest alphabet board ever! I love the stylel of artwork and the use of animals. Very cool.

10. October 4, 2011 / 11:06 pm

For the size, $99 probably was a good buy! And the scale is perfect for above the bed.

Gorgeous!

11. October 5, 2011 / 1:45 am

I love it! I am new to the blogging world and stumbled upon your blog and a few other fellow Houstonian blogs!

12. October 5, 2011 / 2:51 am

Our taste is eerily similar! I bought this same piece for my 22 month old's room when we were decorating his nursery before he arrived. I've gotten so many compliments on it since then. I love it!

13. October 5, 2011 / 12:41 pm

Such a cute idea!! I used to think that baby boy rooms weren't as cute as girl nurseries… but they're growing on me! Due in large part to how cute your son's room is 🙂

14. October 6, 2011 / 1:27 am

It's adorable!

15. October 6, 2011 / 2:48 am

The baby room looks so perfect. I also have an animal theme 🙂

16. October 6, 2011 / 2:39 pm

Love this! I actually created an alphabet wall in my son's playroom using those same letters – except I found them as flashcards at Michael's! I simply using command strips and hung them on the wall in a grid pattern. Love it!

17. October 6, 2011 / 8:35 pm

Awww, it looks like it was made for James' room. Love it! And I just had the same issue with some picture frames in our family room, except they peeled paint off the wall and dented it too. I am not happy with Command at the moment!! 😉

18. October 7, 2011 / 2:24 am

Ah! Love the art. Perfect transition into toddler mode (:

19. October 7, 2011 / 3:10 am

It was meant to be. I don't think I could have walked away from it either. Love it!

20. November 3, 2011 / 4:02 am

That looks fabulous! What you've done with the crib was very ideal, the whole thing looks more great and lovely now.