The Lob

I was browsing Pinterest and found a pin from Brooklyn Limestone of this gorgeous girl’s fabulous hair!

Turns out, the gorgeous girl is Kate, a professional hairstylist with a blog called It’s the Small Things.
On her blog, she shows us how to achieve her fantastic hairstyle with a – get this- full VIDEO Tutorial!! Yay!!  And that’s not the only video tutorial- she’s got lots of others.  Or, she’ll teach us how to do these styles:
She also writes about her favorite hair products, offer hairstyling tips and tricks, but also does DIY decor projects!
Check Kate and her blog out HERE!
I’m thinking that when I get sick of my long hair, I’d like to go for Kate’s chic hairstyle!

1. September 5, 2011 / 12:50 am

I just found her site two days ago… and it is addictive! She has me thinking about getting a trim too!

2. September 5, 2011 / 12:52 am

That is the cutest hairstyle! Once I lose all my baby weight (and maybe a bit more) I'm chopping my hair. This is great inspiration. And I'm pretty sure I repin 90% of your pins 😉

3. September 5, 2011 / 12:54 am

Wow! Thanks for letting us know! Her hair is fab, and I desperately need some hair tutorials. I can do straightened and ponytail only lol

4. September 5, 2011 / 1:13 am

LOVE this style! Not sure if you had a ton of hair loss after you had your little one, but i sure did. I had to chop off my hair into a pixie-esque cut because of some crazy bald spots! This is the hair I want SO bad!!! Love her site! 🙂

5. September 5, 2011 / 1:35 am

I need to cut about five inches of my hair and I've been looking for a blog like this!! Thanks! I need serious hair tutorials to do fun things with my hair!

6. September 5, 2011 / 2:29 am

Such cute hairstyles, makes me want to cut my hair but it took forever to grow it back out.

7. September 5, 2011 / 2:35 am

I also saved this as one of my favorites. I'm going to ask my stylist for a longer version of this haircut. I think her highlights make it though! Alas, I'm a brunette…

8. September 5, 2011 / 3:16 am

THANK YOU for the feature!! How sweet!

9. September 5, 2011 / 5:22 am

I came over from Serenity Now because Amanda gushed about you….and now I find this chain reaction – because now I HAVE to go check out this hair blog! I LOVE me some great hair styles!!

10. September 5, 2011 / 1:26 pm

I love that first shot. My hair is so wavy and thick that it won't hold that kind of volume without an act of God. No matter how hard I try to get it straight, some sort of kink always makes its way back in. I could use her blog! Thanks for the introduction!

11. September 5, 2011 / 1:41 pm

I have seen this pin on pinterest too and totally loved it! I am going to go have to check out this tutorial. Thanks for the post.

12. September 5, 2011 / 2:13 pm

Will have to check her site out! Beautiful hair!! Mine is short now, but I love that style.

13. September 5, 2011 / 2:35 pm

I just featured her last week…she does her 'curly style' the same way I do mine. I love all her tutorials!

Happy extra day off!

14. Gaby
    September 5, 2011 / 2:56 pm

Thanks for sharing!!!!

15. September 5, 2011 / 3:37 pm

Wow. I need those tutorials. She is darling and I have to check it out. Hugs to you on this holiday weekend.

16. September 5, 2011 / 5:25 pm

LOVE her hair and the length…perfect! Definitely checking it out now!

17. September 5, 2011 / 6:31 pm

She's got great hair! I love her haircut in that first photo. I'm in the mood for a messy pony today so I'll see if I can do it following her tutorial. Happy Labor Day to you, Megan.

18. September 6, 2011 / 1:18 am

I discovered her blog about a week ago and I keep going back to make sure I'm curling my hair correctly! Hope you're doing well.

19. September 6, 2011 / 1:41 am

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!! I LOVE HER HAIR!!! OMG, I NEED A HAIR LIFT NOW! LOL!

20. September 6, 2011 / 2:28 am

I found her blog a little over a week ago and I LOVE it! I've already done a couple of her hair tutorials and they turned out amazing (which is saying alot since I have extremely fine hair).

21. September 6, 2011 / 12:52 pm

I had seen that hairstyle about a week ago and printed to give to my hairstylist. I love it!

22. September 9, 2011 / 1:02 am

Oh man… these pictures make me wanna cut my hair! Esp since this is the longest I've kept my hair in a while–it's normally been about Kate's length. Oh man…

23. October 27, 2011 / 9:01 pm

I love this haircut/style. I have super curly hair {that was chemically damaged about 2 yrs ago} and is currently in the growing back super slow phase. When I straighten it I'd say the length is about 3 inches longer than in the picture but that part needs to be chopped right off! "Have mercy" — this cut is perfect! Thank you for sharing.