“For Now” Decor

The curved staircase just off of our living room is kind of a focal point in our house.  I’ve got some ideas on how I’d like to decorate it– simply with a round rug and table and a big, leafy green plant.

via

But, until I find the rug and table, we’ve got a “for now” situation happening.  I shopped our house and found a pair of our dining chairs, one of our former coffee tables and a silver Target vase with some Pottery Barn botanicals to fill in the space.

And come Christmas!, our tree will go there, so we probably won’t be making any permanent changes until then.

1. September 23, 2011 / 1:59 am

Your staircase is beautiful Megan! It's a neat area to create an interesting space but I understand how it can be difficult also. I have mega envy at your floor color by the way. 🙂
    ~ KIM

2. September 23, 2011 / 2:53 am

Looks gorgeous!! Your "for now" look would definitely be my "forever" look! 🙂

3. September 23, 2011 / 3:07 am

Your staircase is beautiful! Love your solution, the silver and white and blue are so pretty together, and what a totally perfect place for the Christmas tree!

Cindy

4. September 23, 2011 / 3:08 am

It may be temporary, but it looks pretty amazing! So pretty as always

Jenny

5. September 23, 2011 / 3:55 am

Your staircase is absolutely beautiful! And I like the chairs for now. It's simple, and looks nice.

Hope you have a fabulous Friday my dear!

xoxo,
    Joelle

6. September 23, 2011 / 4:20 am

I love how you shopped the house. It looks really pretty. And smart as you can easily put those into the dining room again when it's tree time!

7. September 23, 2011 / 10:34 am

I love the look you created! And, it is always fun to shop your own home. If you tire of it, you haven't lost anything.

8. September 23, 2011 / 11:18 am

For now?? I'd keep that. I love the look. Can I just move into your house? It's gorgeous!

9. September 23, 2011 / 12:08 pm

It looks great to me…I love that you shopped your home and used what you have! Can you believe how close Christmas is?!

10. September 23, 2011 / 1:08 pm

What a wonderful idea to put your tree there! It looks so beautiful. I like what you have done with the space for now. It makes a pretty vignette! I also like your future plans. The image you found is beautiful. 🙂 Happy weekend!

11. September 23, 2011 / 1:44 pm

This looks straight out of a magazine!

12. September 23, 2011 / 2:15 pm

Shopping around the house is the best. Especially with your house… you have so much to choose from. I think you did a great job with the chairs and table.

13. September 23, 2011 / 2:22 pm

I love how you can shop the house and make it look so pretty and thought out.

It looks like a comfortable little nook you can sit and have coffee at.

14. September 23, 2011 / 2:52 pm

It looks great Megan!! I sooo envy your staircase! and what a great place to put a tree.
    Have a great weekend!

15. September 23, 2011 / 3:48 pm

I love that space. I always wanted a round staircase 🙂
    I've had pretty good luck finding nice big round tables at garage sales the ones from the 80's that are light oak. they paint up really nice!
    XO
    Kristin

16. September 23, 2011 / 5:39 pm

Ooooh is it time for the Christmas trees? 🙂 This is a lovely one. Getting warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. Think I need some hot chocolate!

17. September 23, 2011 / 6:17 pm

It looks so pretty. I just love your staircase. Every time I see it I love it more. Although, I don't think I'd want to go up & down the stairs all day. Of course that could be why you look so great!

18. September 26, 2011 / 2:16 am

I like your "for now" staging. It looks great. I have the same rectangular pillow from Target! I love it 😉

19. October 27, 2011 / 2:16 pm

It's amazing how you just create a little space like this and make it look so gorgeous!!