Handmade Mother’s Day Cards

As a new mom, I know how meaningful it can be to hear the genuine words, “You’re doing a good job”.  Those simple words can bring me to tears, given the day.  So, I wanted to let some of my favorite mamas know I think THEY are doing a great job.  I mentioned the other day that I was inspired to create handmade mother’s day cards because when Nancy and Laurel brought hand-crafted gifts for us to the blogger meetup, the feeling was conveyed that they cared enough and took the time to create something with their hands for us.  I so appreciated that and wanted to pass it on. image The cards aren’t fancy or elaborate, just simple little notes with a heartfelt message.  I made them with cardstock and embellished them with ribbon, Japanese tape, stickers, rhinestones, and hole punches.  I had fun personalizing each card for the specific recipient.  image image image image image image I hope y’all have a wonderful Mother’s Day!

1. May 4, 2011 / 4:41 am

Megan, those are beautiful. That takes a lot of work. I think it's so special to make something with love. Any mom would be so happy to receive one of those.

2. May 4, 2011 / 5:05 am

The cards look fantastic, you did such a good job! Handmade cards are my favorite, J always makes cards for special occasions or just 'cause…they're not as pretty as yours, but they're the ones that bring a huge smile to my face.

3. May 4, 2011 / 5:08 am

I knew you would find a great use for that Japanese tape! And you're so right about the power of the "you're doing a good job" phrase. Especially when you have a one year old. Especially when you have a 3 year old. I guess always… 🙂

4. May 4, 2011 / 5:36 am

Your mother's day cards are adorable! It's such a nice touch to receive something homemade!

5. May 4, 2011 / 5:36 am

6. May 4, 2011 / 6:02 am

You made such lovely mother's day cards. Any recipient will be happy to receive this. By the way, I really like the punch hole effect!

I hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day, too!

Jessie

7. May 4, 2011 / 6:07 am

I love the handmade touch! those are my fave gifts to give!

Great job!

8. May 4, 2011 / 7:09 am

I love your cards! Hand made cards are my favorite- to give and receive (: I have those same flower stickers you used!

9. May 4, 2011 / 10:58 am

Just beautiful, and so thoughtful. It is always nice to receive a homemade card/gift, as it shows the love and care someone put into making your day special. I miss those finger painted cards from the girls preschool days!

10. May 4, 2011 / 11:15 am

each one is beautiful – happy mother day!

11. May 4, 2011 / 12:15 pm

I need to step out of my comfort zone and be more creative! Adorable cards!!

12. May 4, 2011 / 12:58 pm

love the cards- how thoughtful. love the blog and really, really love your closet 🙂

13. May 4, 2011 / 2:05 pm

love those!!! girl you did an awesome job!!

14. May 4, 2011 / 2:12 pm

hello, mommy 'overachiever'! LOL! You did good momma, those are so fun and heartfelt…and I thought I was doin good to get to the darn store to buy one…hmmm….I may need to re think. =) xoxo shel

15. May 4, 2011 / 5:05 pm

I think they're lovely cards. It's always uplifting to hear you're doing a good job, especially from a husband!

16. May 4, 2011 / 5:12 pm

Very cute! I'm sure the moms in your life will love the thoughtful touch. I really need to get cracking on my mothers day cards!

17. May 4, 2011 / 6:10 pm

What beautiful cards!

18. May 4, 2011 / 7:46 pm

Those are gorgeous Megan. You must have put a lot of time and thought into those, and whoever receives will be so thankful!

19. May 4, 2011 / 10:37 pm

Those are really beautiful cards, Megan. I think it's always so special to receive something handmade that time, care and thought has gone into. You found the perfect use for your Japanese tapes!

20. May 5, 2011 / 2:10 am

Those are beautiful! I am sure whoever receives those will be thrilled. I would totally frame one of them!

21. May 5, 2011 / 7:05 pm

You did a great job on the cards Megan! So glad that you made them cards as I do feel that handmade gifts/cards are truly appreciated. I am working on my cards now and on decorations for our Mom's day gathering that I am hosting for the "moms" in my life. Will be sure to post photos on the blog! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

22. November 23, 2012 / 6:49 am

these are beautiful..whoever receive it will be thrilled..i think if use Gift Card envelopes for it it would be more worthy.