It’s the Little Things

that I often get excited about.  Like just getting out of the house on a weekday afternoon with the babe and stopping by West Elm and finding these Japanese masking tapes 50% off!
image
There’s no “reasonable” explanation for why I had to have them, nor do I know exactly what I’m going to do with them, except that they make me deliriously happy!
Hope your week is going well friends!

1. April 26, 2011 / 11:02 am

I know exactly what you mean! It's definitely fun to get those things! I would love some too…and have absolutely NOTHING to do with them 🙂

2. traceyf68
    April 26, 2011 / 12:47 pm

I totally get it. Besides, I think it is important to apreciate the little things. That tape made me smile this morning, I want some too!!

3. April 26, 2011 / 1:17 pm

Right now they are sitting on my desk, and I just love seeing them there!

4. April 26, 2011 / 1:19 pm

I'm with you on this one – it's the little things that make the biggest difference. Even if you don't find any use for the tape – they are decorative and just pretty to look at!

5. April 26, 2011 / 1:25 pm

Those colors would make me excited also!!!! So cute!

6. April 26, 2011 / 1:35 pm

I totally sympathize- it's the little things! And I know you'll come up with something off-the-wall awesome to use them for 🙂

7. April 26, 2011 / 2:12 pm

Oh you sound like me. Just ordered three types of fabric for which I have no project yet! I am sure you will do something adorable with them.

8. April 26, 2011 / 2:47 pm

I love those colors! I'm sure you will come up with lots of great projects to use them.

9. April 26, 2011 / 3:00 pm

Those are fun and I would have snatched them up, too. I bet you'll come up with a clever use for them but I think sitting them on your desk for now is the perfect idea! They're cheerful!

10. April 26, 2011 / 3:29 pm

Hope they have some left on Saturday-I'm stopping by after our meet & greet! They are all so pretty, so many options.

11. April 26, 2011 / 4:05 pm

What a great find! If you're anything like me, they'll sit around for a while unused, then once you figure out the first brilliant use for them, you wont be able to stop. The ideas will keep coming and coming! 🙂

12. April 26, 2011 / 4:11 pm

I just love the colors! The gingham pattern is so cute. Does anyone have any projects using this pretty tape?

13. April 26, 2011 / 4:43 pm

Hmmm…kinda hard to NOT get excited about them when they come in such a great variety of bright colors. Plus, anything from West Elm is awesome AND the fact that they are half off is…well…like hitting the jackpot.
    xoxo
    -linh

14. April 26, 2011 / 5:50 pm

Love the colors! I would put the yellow one around the four sides of your white desk. Right in the middle, all the way around.

15. April 26, 2011 / 7:32 pm

I love when I stumble upon things like that! I would have snatched them up too.

16. April 26, 2011 / 8:13 pm

I love that you touched on the little things. They really are the things that bring us the most joy. Love the tapes!

17. April 27, 2011 / 12:50 am

Ooh, those bring back memories!! We went to Japan last year and I had to leave so many gorgeous papers and tapes and fabrics behind 🙁 But I DID buy up and a year later, am still hoarding most of them because they're too precious to use! Well, that and I have nil time to scrapbook with them as I'd planned *sigh*

18. April 27, 2011 / 1:25 am

Did you buy them all or are there some left? 🙂 I have a rug to return there!

19. April 27, 2011 / 2:51 am

I have rolls of Japanese tape too but can't bear to actually use them. They're too pretty to look at!

20. April 27, 2011 / 2:34 pm

I bought some goodies from West Elm this weekend as well and I dont remember seeing those. Oh well – maybe they will still have some this weekend!

21. Anonymous
    August 10, 2012 / 6:01 am

I loved reading about your journey to loose your baby weight. I'm in the same spot myself now. My son is 9 months. I still have to loose 10lbs to b at my pre pregnancy weight. I try and eat right and work out. I struggle w fitting in work outs w a full time job and a baby. I just don't feel like myself in this body. So far working out hasn't helpede loose the weight I though I would, so I guess keep trying???