Designer Crush {Ashley Goforth}

I was browsing around Pinterest, my latest obsession, when I stumbled upon some really gorgeous spaces designed by Ashley Goforth.  And guess what, she’s in my city!!  I love her clean and classic styling and muted tones.  Nothing is too fussy or overdone.  And the rooms look so effortless.  image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image images viaI feel like I am finally getting comfortable with my design style and what appeals to me, which is helping me create a more cohesive look for our home.  I now realize that I can admire other styles, but don’t necessarily have to try to make them work in our house.  Ahhhh, the revelation!  It’s about time I learned that!   I’m hoping it will save me lots of money and frustration in the future!So, are y’all on Pinterest?  And do you have a favorite designer?

1. April 20, 2011 / 11:30 am

Wow- you are so right- her work is gorgeous! I want ever room on here!:)

2. April 20, 2011 / 11:39 am

Too funny, I was planning to post about her as well! I love her style!! She is definitely one talented lady. I'm assuming you figured out how to schedule posts, yay for you 🙂

3. April 20, 2011 / 12:04 pm

OMG!! I did a post on her today too!! LOVE her simple and cozy style! I wish she were in my city!

4. April 20, 2011 / 1:20 pm

Lovely pictures! I agree, you have to find what you love and works for your family. While I love all of those photos, having rooms like that with girls and their friends running all over would not work! I like things a little less formal.

5. April 20, 2011 / 1:48 pm

Agh, I'm addicted to Pinterest! Its such a great source of inspiration (but also a huge time user!). Some of my favourite designers: Jessica Helgerson, Angie Hranowsky, Erika Powell, Katie Ridder. I could go on and on.

6. April 20, 2011 / 1:55 pm

I love all of the bedrooms and bathrooms….very cozy!

Emily Hewett
    A Well Dressed Home
    awelldressedhome.com/blog

7. April 20, 2011 / 2:02 pm

Well said! It's hard when you see so many great spaces out there in blogland. . . but it really is true that you can love it without brining it home! I love every single one of those spaces you showed, Megan! Beautiful.

8. April 20, 2011 / 2:43 pm

First, I heart your blog, it's on my daily read. Second, I love the dramatic white tufted headboard, gorgeous. I love the simple buy exquisite style of this designer.

9. April 20, 2011 / 2:53 pm

I love Ashley Goforth, too! I love to flip through all of the portfolio pictures on her website. They are all so perfectly styled…cool, chic but not overdone!

10. April 20, 2011 / 3:18 pm

Love so many of these rooms as well. Not fussy and they look so laid back – great places to escape to! Thanks for sharing Megan! 🙂

11. April 20, 2011 / 3:20 pm

Wow, I love her designs. I was debating on getting rid of my sleigh bed in my master bedroom and getting or making an upholstered headboard. I think I just made my decision.

12. traceyf68
    April 20, 2011 / 4:07 pm

Wow! I love those beds, so inviting. Totally my style.

13. April 20, 2011 / 4:25 pm

These rooms are beautiful. So soothing and calm. I like more color in my rooms, but I can totally appreciate these.

I understand what you are saying about liking a style, but not having to use it in your home. That is kind of why I recently started a blog. I want to explore other styles that I love, but don't necessarily want to use.

14. April 20, 2011 / 4:27 pm

Gorgeous images. Thanks for sharing! And that marble bathroom… luscious 🙂

15. April 20, 2011 / 4:57 pm

Love her style! I'm on on Pinterest…maybe I should get on that! (:

16. April 20, 2011 / 7:10 pm

Heaven. These are simply divine. Warm. Comfy. Cozy. Swoon 🙂

17. April 20, 2011 / 8:16 pm

So glad you found her! I have been obsessed for a while. =) She did my neighbor's house next door and I am always on her site for inspiration.

PS – Are you still putting together a Houston blogger meet up?

18. April 20, 2011 / 8:28 pm

I wish my bathroom looked like one of those! Her style is great.

19. April 21, 2011 / 12:01 am

These are great, she has a lovely portfolio…thanks for the intro!

20. April 21, 2011 / 3:31 am

She definitely has a sophisticated style, not trendy what so ever. I noticed that she uses a lot of soft tones and not much decorative accessories, with a lot of open legged furniture, especially the coffee tables she uses. Maybe that is why you are drawn to her style. Beautiful rooms.

21. April 21, 2011 / 2:28 pm

oooooh, I love it all! Her style reminds me of Phoebe Howard who I adore as well! I love the pillows on the bed in the gray room (does that even narrow it down, lol)

I can't believe we are on the same 'life timeline" too funny! And remember, I'm from Houston, born and raised, ha ha.

here is my p.d's source. It's H.E.A.V.E.N. The owner told me she has had 3 out of state people drive to TN and come in bc of this post, lol. yes, its THAT awesome too.

kiss that sweet baby J for Kendall, she might wanna marry him oneday! xoxo shel

22. April 21, 2011 / 5:02 pm

I am so in love with that gilded X coffess table! Amazing. Thank you for sharing!