Weekend

image

Hi friends!!  I missed you yesterday!  We just returned from a whirlwind weekend in Las Vegas where my best friend got married on Saturday and we celebrated my birthday on Sunday!  It was an intimate trip of just three couples and we had a great time.  I’m hoping we make a return trip this summer when the weather is warm and we can add some pool time to the agenda:)
We stayed at the gorgeous Venetian hotel- bride and groom’s choice- and I must say it was a good one!
image image
image
Friday night we ate at Caneletto, overlooking the canal.  Our dinner reservation wasn’t until 9:00 p.m. (11:00 Houston time) but all that faux daylight makes you think it’s about 3:00.  It’s very hard to keep track of what time it is in Vegas.
image
I had quite possibly the best pizza ever, Pizza Cristina- a thin crust pizza with fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, shaved Grana Padano, mushrooms, baby arugula, and truffle oil.  It was out of this world.

image via

Saturday morning, Jimmy and I started the day at the Bellagio Cafe, a new tradition for us, since we had brunch there last time we were in town.  We each ordered a dish (eggs Benedict) and shared the brioche French toast.  Of course there was oj and coffee too.  Soooo yummy!
Then it was time for the girls to get ready at the Canyon Ranch salon.  I must say that my friend look gorgeous (so sorry I don’t have any pics to share right now), but her hair (loosely pulled to the side with dainty fresh white flowers intertwined) and makeup were just divine!  She was seriously stunning and wore this white BCBG halter dress.  Her sparkly earrings and bracelet completed the look perfectly!  Oh, how could I forget, she work hot pink heeled sandals too!
image
The ceremony took place Saturday afternoon at The Little Church of the West, a small wooden church near the airport.
image image
Afterwards we celebrated with some drinks and appetizers at the bar of Todd English’s Olives in the Bellagio.  That seat on the far right looks like exactly where I was sitting- ha!
image
More pizza for me! (fig and olive this time).

imageimage via

By the way, Jimmy said I was eating my way through Vegas and I think he was right.  I definitely ate more than I drank (some wine here and there) and definitely more than I gambled (not at all).  Ha!  Who goes to Vegas and doesn’t gamble?  Prior to this trip, I would have said Jimmy and me, but he was introduced to craps this time and got hooked (probably because he won $650!)
Saturday afternoon we all took a little siesta and relaxed before dinner.  Yes, at this time I popped into Haagen Dazs for some Carmel Cone ice cream!
image
While cruising around the Venetian and Palazzo shops eating some ice cream, we stopped into my fave Michael Kors and my sweet hubby bought me a birthday present🙂

image

Our last supper in Vegas was at Emril Lagasse’s Delmonico Steakhouse, but sadly, none of us cared for the Creole seasoning they use on their steak.
image
We headed home to pick up James from the Grandparents’ house (where my brother and sis-n-law were also waiting with birthday cake and gifts- so sweet!)
Although the trip was awesome, there’s no place like home!  Glad to be back in my own bed!
A little birdie let it be known that it was my birthday over the weekend, and I deeply thank you for all the birthday love!

1. February 22, 2011 / 5:28 am

Im not much of a gambler or drinker either but I did enjoy the food in vegas… we ate at a restaurant (I forgot the name) it was like the spindle top here in houston, great steak and potatoes. It is at the end of the strip and has great views at night. I made a few stops into godiva for chocolate covered strawberries during my trip.

2. February 22, 2011 / 5:53 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, friend! Sounds like an amazing weekend! And your pizzas sounded delicious. I need to find a place around here that has pizza like that!

3. February 22, 2011 / 5:54 am

Wow- Sounds like a fabulous trip! I must say I'm a bit jealous! Oh, and happy late birthday!

4. February 22, 2011 / 5:57 am

I don't gamble either!
    I just pretend like I won the amount I brought, and that makes me feel better 🙂 Ha!

5. February 22, 2011 / 6:08 am

What a fabulous trip – I LOVE Vegas as much for the food, shopping and spa as for the gambling! What a great wedding weekend and happy birthday!

6. February 22, 2011 / 6:17 am

What a fabulous sounding trip and Happy Birthday!!!!!!

7. February 22, 2011 / 7:12 am

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR!!! Looks like you have an amazing time!!! Was your little guy with you?

Your birthday present ROCKS!!! Have a great week!!!

xoxo

8. February 22, 2011 / 7:32 am

happy birthday!

I just love Vegas…{most of my family moved there over the past ten years}…so I do get out there quite often.

Hope you got some R & R and time to be away from role of mama.

n

9. February 22, 2011 / 8:39 am

Sounds like a great trip! Happy birthday week!

10. February 22, 2011 / 9:43 am

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a fab weekend! And that pizza does look like it was absolutely delicious!
    Also, that watch is so so beautiful!

11. February 22, 2011 / 11:55 am

Happy Birthday Girlfriend!! Sounds like a fabulous weekend. The pizza looks so yummy. Loving the birthday present too!!!

12. February 22, 2011 / 12:48 pm

Happy Birthday! What a fun trip! Haven't been to Vegas in a while, but this makes me want to go!!! GORgeous watch : )

Paula

13. February 22, 2011 / 1:02 pm

Looks like you had an awesome trip and so much fun!

Happy Birthday! 🙂

14. February 22, 2011 / 2:12 pm

Happy Birthday! It seems like you had a great weekend of fun 🙂

15. February 22, 2011 / 2:32 pm

I love everything about this post!!!! I hope you had an amazing Birthday!!! Cheers, to a great year!

16. February 22, 2011 / 3:02 pm

Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday weekend! The pizzas look so tasty. And I love the watch!

17. February 22, 2011 / 3:03 pm

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had an awesome weekend! We stayed at the Venetian when we went. It's so gorgeous. Love the watch! We ate at Delmonico's & absolutely loved it. I guess it's growing up in Louisiana we love everything cajun or creole. We're planning another trip to Vegas for our anniversary this year & we can't decide whether we want to stay at the Venetian again or try out one of the new casinos. BTW – when we went we spent like $10 on the slots & that was it!!

18. February 22, 2011 / 3:26 pm

You went and stayed at all my favorite places! Than Canyon Ranch Spa is to die for, I spend a day there every time I go. The Belagio cafe has great food, especially their breakfast and lunch menu. Although, I have stayed at both the Beliagio and The Venetian, and I like The Venetian the best. It is the only place I stay now. Their french bakery is soooo good. Happy Belated Birthday, looks like a fun filled weekend.

19. February 22, 2011 / 3:30 pm

It looks like you had a wonderful time in LV — Congratulations to your friend, and Happy Birthday to you!

20. February 22, 2011 / 3:31 pm

Happy Birthday! Looks like a great trip. I went on a girls' trip to Vegas and left the kids with Daddy last month. We are a group of foodie mommies and ate our way through Vegas too. I have some recommendations for your next trip. Like Bouchon for breakfast at the Venetian. Yummmmm…

21. February 22, 2011 / 4:23 pm

So glad you had a wonderful trip. Vegas is so fun for a short getaway . . feels like a different world. Glad you are back safe and sound with James. 🙂

22. February 22, 2011 / 4:24 pm

Sounds like a perfect little get away! Love your birthday watch. Happy happy birthday to you!

23. February 22, 2011 / 5:06 pm

Happy Birthday! The bride sounds gorgeous and you watch is awesome. I love getting to help select my own presents.

24. February 22, 2011 / 5:15 pm

Looks like a great trip! I haven't been to Vegas since I was pg with Natalie (and got hit on by a drunk middle aged man with a drink as tall as he was). We stayed at the Aladdin, which was nice, but I think the Bellagio would be marvelous. Glad you had fun!!

PS. I'm hosting a Silhouette/Cricut party this week. ("I {Heart} My Crafty Cutter") I'm really trying to get the word out! Do you have any old posts with Silhouette projects you could link up?? Pretty please. 😉

25. February 22, 2011 / 5:31 pm

Looks like a fun weekend! I never know what time it is in Vegas, either – tricky, tricky! 😉

26. February 22, 2011 / 6:49 pm

Happy Birthday my dear! Glad that you had a great weekend away!

27. February 22, 2011 / 7:31 pm

Gotta love Vegas! What a great trip!!! It's a little weird that not only do we share a name and love for designing, but a birthday too… Feb 20! Crazy. Anyway, Happy Birthday and I love your blog and your house!

28. February 22, 2011 / 10:37 pm

I never gamble in Vegas either! Anything with truffle oil is a treat for the taste buds 🙂 What a fun weekend you had – thanks for sharing!

29. February 22, 2011 / 11:31 pm

I've been to Olives before, and how wonderful is it?! I got the same pizza … incredible. Sounds like a marvelous way to spend a weekend – and what a happy birthday!

30. February 22, 2011 / 11:42 pm

Looks like you had a great time in Vegas. The pizza looks incredible.

31. February 23, 2011 / 2:22 am

Sounds like a fun weekend, but I so agree – there's no place like home!!

32. February 23, 2011 / 3:19 am

What a sweet birdie!! She must really adore you!

What an amazing weekend…and I think we'd have a ball traveling together. Nothing worse than being with other girls who won't eat on vacation!!!

Happy birthday little mama!

33. February 23, 2011 / 7:29 am

how fun! Happy late birthday, Megan! Glad you had such a wonderful weekend (: You deserve it!