More Mirror Love

Why is it that when you go shopping when you have no money to spend, you see so many things you want?  Then, when you actually have money to spend, you can’t find anything to buy!   About 4 months ago, I got a rewards certificate for $275 from Pottery Barn that expired on February 19, 2011.  Since that time, I’ve spent more time than I care to admit searching the PB website and catalog looking for something special to put in our home, but nothing I had to have stood out. Then, the dilemma became do I try to find something for under $275 or buy something bigger that I could put the $275 toward?  I was paralyzed with indecision!  With only days to spare, I finally decided on this small Eagan mirror for $250. image image I really like how the mirror reflects the stairway:) For a similar, less expensive DIY version of this mirror, see what Sassy Cassie did with a series of mirrors she glued together in her gorgeous entryway.  I don’t think she did a tutorial, but here is the finished result.  image image ******** I’m also stopping by two friends’ places today, so hop on over!! image image ********* And good news for those of you in Utah!  My friend Jylare of Jylare Ann Photography will be there April 4-9, 2011.  If you’d like her to create some beautiful memories for you and your family, email her at jylare@gmail.com or call her at (714)474-5836. image image

1. February 18, 2011 / 4:57 am

Love this mirror…great purchase if you ask me! I am the same way though…never can find something when I have the money and ALWAYS can find something when I don't! 🙂

2. February 18, 2011 / 6:35 am

Gorgeous mirror! Great choice!!!

Ladies, I am the same way too! No money when I find something perfect! But you know what? I just borrowed some $$ from my sis 😉 he he he!! Cuz I know it won't be there when you want it!!

lol

Thanks for sharing! I also LOVE how it reflects the staircase!!!

xoxo

3. February 18, 2011 / 7:22 am

Great choice! The mirror is absolutely sunning!

4. February 18, 2011 / 11:49 am

So true! I love the mirror, and it looks great in that spot!

5. February 18, 2011 / 12:07 pm

isn't that the truth? When I have money to blow I can never find anything. but when I am broke or not suppossed to be spending money it never fails I find tons of things I want to buy. I really love the mirror. Have a great weekend Friend!

6. February 18, 2011 / 1:12 pm

Just perfect!!!!! Looks so Beautiful, and Oh My, what a Beautiful look into your Georgous kitchen!!!!! Perfecto!!!!!!!

Michelle Torres
    decorater4life@aol.com

7. Jenny H.
    February 18, 2011 / 2:02 pm

It's starting to scare me! We have several of the same pieces in our homes. I've been saving for the big eagan mirror and I'm waiting on one more rewards certificate before I make the purchase. I also have the PB benchwright table and bench AND the restoration hardware chairs (I paired them on the ends of the benchwright). You've got great taste!!

8. February 18, 2011 / 2:15 pm

That mirror looks great there!!

You know, when I DO have money to spend on a larger purchase, no matter how much I research it, I still get paralyzed by indecision – because what if I change my mind after it's too late? So silly, I know.
    Happy Friday!
    -jane

9. February 18, 2011 / 2:19 pm

that mirror truly looks like a window with the panes. it looks really great. the kitchen is lovely too.

10. February 18, 2011 / 2:27 pm

Ok first I have to say I love Pottery Barns rewards!!!! that's a whole lotta rewards girl!

Love your choice. I agree – it looks fabulous in that space.

11. February 18, 2011 / 3:04 pm

Perfect spot for that fabulous mirror! The staircase looks beautiful in the reflection.

12. February 18, 2011 / 3:39 pm

So amazing 🙂 I adore that mirror. And I wish I too had a gift card to PB for that much. Awesome. PS You are at 2000 followers now!! Wheee xo

13. February 18, 2011 / 4:09 pm

Looks fabulous, and I love Cassie's version too. Oh, and I spy pretty flowers in the kitchen 😉 Valentine's day perhaps??

14. February 18, 2011 / 4:21 pm

I really like that . . and the reflection. Kitchen looks so pretty as always! thanks for the great eye candy today, friend.

15. February 18, 2011 / 10:24 pm

Beautiful mirror!

16. February 20, 2011 / 11:33 pm

I think you made a great decision with the mirror. I have the same problem — I've had a gift card to DSW in my wallet for months now.

17. Ashley
    February 21, 2011 / 9:10 pm

One of your blogger BFF's said it was your birthday- Happy Birthday!! I hope you did something wonderful to celebrate!!

18. February 22, 2011 / 4:09 am

I made that mirror using Layla's tutorial at The Lettered Cottage (mentioned above) for above my fireplace mantle where I had a MIRROR. I'll try to post a quick picture of it. Because the window was a certain size I had to add molding to the edges of the mirror to make it cover it all but I love how it turned out! I'll come back with a link if you want to check it out!

19. February 22, 2011 / 4:09 am