Living Room Drapes

Ah, I’m so happy to have FINALLY decided on fabric for my living room/breakfast room drapes!  It’s only been about three months that I’ve been eyeing my naked windows with contempt.  And unlike before, this time, I’m hiring a friend to sew them for me!  Here’s the sample fabric: image image The drapes will go on the far ends of the living room windows too.  It will be so nice to have the added visual interest and something to draw the eye up (still need to raise the mirrors!) p.s. I can’t believe I got a shot out the window without just a bunch of glare- I played around with the manual settings on my camera but have no idea how I stumbled into the settings.  Centsational Girl recently did an awesome tutorial. image I was even able to get a shot of the view from inside our doors. image Okay, I digress, but back to the fabric- look at all these little free samples I collected at High Fashion Home.  image image image I can’t wait to show y’all the finished result!

1. February 23, 2011 / 5:42 am

Ooooh …I like it! Drapes are a big decision, especially in the main room of the house! I've been looking at an Ikat pattern for our family room but I'm having commitment issues. 🙂

2. February 23, 2011 / 5:46 am

Love it! There are some other samples in that massive collection you have that I am loving too! I need to head to HFH this weekend! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

3. February 23, 2011 / 6:25 am

love that fabric. i am obsessed with all things gray right now (and navy). i could totally find a place for that pattern somewhere around here. 🙂

4. February 23, 2011 / 7:29 am

Oh, can't wait to see them done! The fabric is great. Love me some gray!

5. February 23, 2011 / 12:37 pm

That looks very similar to something I was eyeing in JoAnn fabric for my kitchen. I love the color and the simple geometric lines. I want to go a bit more modern. Love it!

6. February 23, 2011 / 1:13 pm

I don't know how you were able to decide between all of those lovely samples. Can't wait to see the final product.

7. February 23, 2011 / 1:16 pm

Gorgeous fabric! I'm picking out grey and white patterns for my bedroom right now, what is the name of that pattern? I always come home with a handful of swatches and then wish I'd written the name/price down on them for later use.

8. February 23, 2011 / 1:29 pm

I've been considering that same exact fabric in a slightly darker color for my dining room drapes! I can't wait to see how yours turn out!

9. February 23, 2011 / 1:49 pm

That fabric is perfect. It will be beautiful!

10. February 23, 2011 / 1:59 pm

Love the fabric! My breakfast nook looks very similar and my hubby doesn't get it….Why do we need curtains???….UUUGGGHH…MEN!

11. February 23, 2011 / 2:04 pm

LOVE that fabric! Can't wait to see the finished product!!!!!!!!!!!

Paula

12. February 23, 2011 / 2:15 pm

Look forward to the final results!

13. February 23, 2011 / 2:44 pm

I love that fabric! What a great choice. And, honestly, all of your options were great. You have a wonderful eye for these things!

14. February 23, 2011 / 2:47 pm

Love it! And that blue dwell fabric with the birds is my absolute favorite! I have a sample of that too!

15. February 23, 2011 / 2:53 pm

I just ordered a DwellStudio sample for our office yesterday! I've never made my own curtains before but after looking at all of the gorgeous fabrics out there, I don't know why I've waited so long!

I love the one you chose!

16. February 23, 2011 / 3:11 pm

Just found your blog and I love your decorating style! I'm loving some of those other fabric patterns, specicially the chevron-looking one. Do you happen to have the names of some of the swatches, that you'd be willing to share??? I've been on an endless fabric hunt…

17. February 23, 2011 / 3:27 pm

Ohh, nice choice! I love the pattern.. striking enough to be a focus, yet neutral enough if you want to change out pops of color. Love it!

18. February 23, 2011 / 3:28 pm

Feels so lucky to have stumbled upon your blog and now am checking in often!

I can appreciate how pretty all those fabrics look so I am sure the decision was tough. But I think you picked perfectly – that one trendy and peaceful at the same time. I am loving how all the room in you house are their own themes but still go really well together. So pretty looking at your photos on a gray winter day in Chicago! ♥
    ~ Kerry

19. February 23, 2011 / 3:35 pm

The fabric you've chosen is perfect — It absolutely fits the style of the rest of your home: Classic, but still trendy!

20. February 23, 2011 / 4:02 pm

Love the fabric choice!! Can't wait to see it all come together. Even though I can sew and paint, I am sooo all about farming that out to others right now. I have a wonderful Asian woman who does an AMAZING job, so why not let her tackle the upholstery/sewing!! And, I LOVE my painters…a little too much according to my sweet hubby!! LOL

21. February 23, 2011 / 4:05 pm

I love High Fashion Home…fabric heaven. I love the fabric you picked out! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

22. February 23, 2011 / 4:23 pm

I love those fabric scraps! I would have had such a hard time deciding, but you did a beautiful job! I am new to your blog… Love it! I look forward to what is next!

23. February 23, 2011 / 4:26 pm

It's going to look lovely. I HAVE to hire out. Zero talent in my neck of the woods.

24. February 23, 2011 / 5:09 pm

LOVE that fabric. We're deciding on drapery fabric right now too, it can be so hard to decide on.

25. February 23, 2011 / 5:27 pm

I just purchased an Iman print from CC. It is the gold and brown peacock print. Such a change for me. I am usually not too into pattern, so we shall see. I love your color palette and choices.

26. February 23, 2011 / 6:00 pm

I do quite LOVE that fabric!!! Best choice for sure!!!

27. February 23, 2011 / 6:32 pm

Love the fabric….geometrics look so clean and modern and the more fabric you can use, the better….yeah drapes!!

28. February 23, 2011 / 7:28 pm

Yep, I think you chose correctly! I love the graphic print and soft gray. Can't wait to see what you do with it! (miss you btw girlfriend) :)- Luv- KIM

29. February 23, 2011 / 8:02 pm

I love the fabric and can't wait to see your drapes up!

30. February 23, 2011 / 8:50 pm

I love High Fashion! I can waste hours upon hours in that place.

Love the choice you made for the curtains, they are going to look great!

31. February 23, 2011 / 9:51 pm

Love what you picked as always!! I am still trying to decide on fabric for curtains in my den!

32. February 24, 2011 / 2:50 am

I am so jealous that you have access to all those beautiful fabrics! The one you chose is incredible.. can't wait to see them finished!!

33. February 24, 2011 / 4:33 am

Hi Megan. Love the fabric you've chosen and can't wait to see the finished product 🙂 I see that you're hiring someone to make the drapes for you. Good idea…my motto..when in dought, pay it out!!

I live in Houston and if possible would appreciate a referral to your seamstress. I've had trouble finding someone good who's not just open to the trade. Thanks in advance. Love your blog.

34. February 25, 2011 / 1:13 am

Love, love, love..can't wait to see the finished product

35. February 25, 2011 / 4:26 am

Beautiful fabrics, love the one you picked. Any chance High Fashion Home has online shopping?!