Organized PANTRY {HWH}

You wouldn’t even know how much I love organizing by looking at the state of my pantry for the last six months.  And the worst part is, we have a huge pantry, so there is no excuse for not having it organized!  A couple weekends ago, I spent an afternoon clearing the pantry clutter, rearranging the goods, and making it more efficient for daily use.  Can we start with the nicer “after” pictures first? Amy, Trisa, pantry.2 022 Amy, Trisa, pantry.2 004 image image That feels so much better than what we had before!  When we moved in and unpacked six months ago, we sorta grouped things together, but then just left it like that while other rooms were focused on.  Have you done that too?  It kinda just gets away from you, and the next thing you know, Clutterville!  WARNING:  This next group of pictures is not pretty! BEFORE Kitchen Organization 015 Kitchen Organization 016 Kitchen Organization 017 Kitchen Organization 014   I started by taking out all the stuff at the bottom, so I could figure out what belonged.  It always gets worse before it gets better, right?!  Kitchen Organization 028 Kitchen Organization 027 Needless to say, there were about three bags worth of trash in there, but look what else I found?!  I guess my husband was right! Ha! image  I sorted, rearragned, gathered the recycling, and threw out the trash.  I moved all the small appliances to the bottom right shelf and moved James’ food to the bottom center shelf so that I could see it immediately when I walk in.  I also put my stash of cookbooks on the top center shelf since I like to see them.  The cleaning supplies went into a metal bin on the floor.  BEFORE Kitchen Organization 021 Kitchen Organization 020 AFTER image image image image BEFORE Kitchen Organization 019 Kitchen Organization 018 AFTER image image image The blue woven baskets were a World Market Find.  I had to make a trip after seeing the goods found over at A Thoughtful Place.  I haven’t labeled anything yet- just hadn’t decided what type of labels I want to use yet. BEFORE image AFTER image image BEFORE Kitchen Organization 023      AFTER image This is where a second refrigerator will eventually go, but for now, I was able to whittle the seasonal decor bins from four to three and added a $20 Home Goods mirror.  The plastic bags were recycled. And see the little good luck Chinese cat near the cookbooks?  A long ago gift from my Grandma! Amy, Trisa, pantry.2 016 The rug was an Ikea find for just $4.00!  image Isn’t it interesting to see what kind of food people eat when you peek at what’s in their pantries?    image

1. January 18, 2011 / 4:02 am

Oooh well done! It really looks fabulous ~ and WOW your pantry is huge! What a blessing!

P.S. Mind sharing your photography tips regarding taking photos at night? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

2. January 18, 2011 / 4:04 am

LOVE all the baskets! You have a giant pantry! ohmygosh! so jealous =)

xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

3. January 18, 2011 / 4:07 am

I would LOVE a pantry like that! Love the baskets and the canisters for the noodles and things.

4. January 18, 2011 / 4:09 am

This came out great. I love how big it is and that you can put little appliances in there. would love that option but ours isn't that large.

5. January 18, 2011 / 4:11 am

I'm in love!! And so jealous of the space you have there…

6. January 18, 2011 / 4:13 am

Looks fantastic! You have a gift and I'm so happy to watch you be so successful.
    xo,
    abby

7. January 18, 2011 / 4:14 am

Looks beautiful! =]

It feels so nice to have a clean, organized pantry, doesn't it?

8. January 18, 2011 / 4:53 am

this is great! im inspired to clean out mine asap!

lol, we have the same goodluck cat!

9. January 18, 2011 / 5:05 am

Organized bliss! I love that you put a mirror in the pantry. It makes me think of women in the 50s putting on their red lipstick and checking her hair after an afternoon of cooking just before her husband comes home.

10. January 18, 2011 / 5:42 am

Your before pictures are looking very similar to our pantry in its current state! You did a great job organizing it — and I love the mirror and rug!

11. January 18, 2011 / 5:46 am

I noticed the Central Market reusable shopping bag! Love love love that store! (yes, i know that has nothing to do with organizing, but I'm an Austinite and that really caught my eye).
    I do love your blog too! Thanks so much for sharing.

12. January 18, 2011 / 6:18 am

What a beautiful pantry! I would kill for something that large! I love the rug and wish I could hit up Ikea for one! Its 2 hours away from me so I only go once or twice a year.

I love seeing some of the same items I cook with in your pantry…makes me feel like we know each other better!

13. January 18, 2011 / 6:54 am

Funny you should mention that because I was snooping at your food. I like to snoop in people's grocery carts at the store, too. I love Bear Naked Granola. I also drink tons of green and chamomile tea. Your pantry is so fabulously organized, Megan. I bet that's a great feeling! The blue baskets are great.

14. January 18, 2011 / 9:09 am

Wow this is awesome. I use to have a beautiful large organized pantry like yours, we then moved to a place with a smaller pantry though I finally have part of it organized. Very inspiring to finish the other half.

15. January 18, 2011 / 11:18 am

Great job. It looks so much more open in the after. I'm tellin ya… I am seriously on an organizing high right now, and I love it! 🙂

16. January 18, 2011 / 11:34 am

Awesome! And the size of that pantry…Oh my!! Too funny about the grooming kit.

17. January 18, 2011 / 11:46 am

Even the before had me at hello- I would kill for a walk in panty- love. Aside for that though, amazing makeover- the organized version is like organized candy- delish!

18. January 18, 2011 / 2:04 pm

Wow, what a great pantry! Even room for space between items, that certainly the case in ours! (yum, bare naked granola!)
    Janell

19. January 18, 2011 / 2:57 pm

Wow, what an amazing pantry! It really makes me wish I had a pantry too!

20. January 18, 2011 / 2:59 pm

Megan, I am just checking out your gorgeous blog for the first time via your comment on mine, and I'm so excited to find a fantastic blogger with a little one almost the same age as mine (born Feb 2010)!

I can't wait to dig in more and see how to you manage to keep a beautiful home with a tiny one underfoot… and yes, I could totally use some motivation to get my pantry looking this fabulous… even if it's about one-tenth the size. Nicely done! 🙂

21. January 18, 2011 / 2:59 pm

22. January 18, 2011 / 3:25 pm

I love it! Getting the pantry organized is always such a chore.
    I don't have enough room in my cupboards for my fruit and I cannot seem to find a place on my counters that doesn't look cluttered- does anyone have a suggestion for storing fruit on the counter?

23. January 18, 2011 / 3:34 pm

Looks great! I wish my pantry was that big!

24. January 18, 2011 / 3:40 pm

What a great pantry. It's probably so great to have a lot of room. It look fantastic!

25. January 18, 2011 / 3:46 pm

This makes me feel a whole lot better as the state of my kitchen cupboards is something i have been meaning to tackle for ages!! (Dont have a pantry 🙁 )
    Anyway it looks so good – am loving all the sorting inspiration!
    Rachie xo

26. January 18, 2011 / 4:00 pm

I am sooooo jealous of your huge pantry! Mine is way too small for a family of 4! I need to take a picture and have you help me! LOL.

27. January 18, 2011 / 4:09 pm

It looks great! I bet it's really great to have the extra space too.

28. January 18, 2011 / 4:46 pm

It looks great, good job!! I love that you are planning on having a second fridge IN the house. We have one out in the garage to store drinks, etc. But it would be so convenient to have it in the pantry!

29. January 18, 2011 / 5:31 pm

Your pantry is so nice and tidy now. I wasn't looking at your food, but that fall wreath on top of those bins…I think I have the same one. Michael's? 🙂 Good job!

30. January 18, 2011 / 5:36 pm

Great job! I'm in the process of doing the same 🙂

31. January 18, 2011 / 5:41 pm

This post makes me SMILE. Nothing like an organized pantry to make someone happy! Quick question — where did you get those great containers you use for your tea bags????

32. January 18, 2011 / 5:54 pm

Megan,

Your pantry looks great! I love the white wooden shelving. It looks so much nicer that wire shelves (which I have in my pantry). Ill have to show these pictures to my hubbie and see if he will build me some wooden ones! Good work!

Jen

33. January 18, 2011 / 6:59 pm

Hi Megan!

I've been following your blog for a while but have never posted a comment. Since I just started my own, I now realize how much they mean =).

Just wanted to tell you what a beautiful home and family you have. Such a great blog too!

xx
    Kayln

34. January 18, 2011 / 7:03 pm

Excellent job reorganizing your pantry, haha, but I noticed you have more non-food than food items in there. Mine is overflowing with non perishables – we could eat for 2 weeka or more on what I have on hand.

🙂
    ButterYum

35. January 18, 2011 / 7:18 pm

oooh its gorgeous i am so jealous of the size of your pantry. ours is the size of gezz not even a coat closet!

36. January 18, 2011 / 8:26 pm

I am so jealous of your giant pantry!!! does it make me weird (or weirder?!) that this large pantry makes me as happy as your large closet?!?!?

i know you are feeling so fine with your organized space…great job!

37. January 18, 2011 / 9:52 pm

Nice work my friend. It looks great. What an amazing pantry. I like the top shelf with the cook books and "book ends"

38. January 18, 2011 / 10:10 pm

You have the biggest pantry I have ever seen! Lucky. ;p

39. January 19, 2011 / 12:52 am

I would kill to have a pantry this size! You must love not worrying about running out of space for things. Love how you've organized it too!

40. January 19, 2011 / 2:23 am

Love it, girl! I really need to do that with my pantry. It's a pathetic mess. Your home is coming together so great! I hope we get to see you and little James soon. 🙂

41. January 19, 2011 / 2:39 pm

Can I have your pantry? Mine is FULL and needs a good cleaning out. It won't look nearly as great as yours when I am done but the space is a lifesaver.

42. January 20, 2011 / 4:08 am

you either have a huge pantry or you need more stuff! HA!! 🙂 love the B&A's!!

43. January 20, 2011 / 4:08 am

you either have a huge pantry or you need more stuff! HA!! 🙂 love the B&A's!!

44. January 20, 2011 / 4:08 am

you either have a huge pantry or you need more stuff! HA!! 🙂 love the B&A's!!

45. January 20, 2011 / 6:05 am

Oh, I love your pantry! So big. You did a beautiful job re organizing it. I love your blog. So inspiring and I have cleaned out tons of drawers and cabinets in the kitchen this week. Thanks for motivating me.

46. January 22, 2011 / 9:41 pm

It looks fabs! I wish I had a pantry that wide. We use a closet in our hallway! It's that or nothing.

47. April 17, 2011 / 9:45 pm

amazingly orginized pantry

48. February 26, 2013 / 5:38 pm

Wow! Amazing pantry but if your space is not enough for the jars and cans better to use pantry doors having a layer on the back-part of it.