Christmas Vignette

While the Christmas tree is coming along slowly but surely, I at least got the color pallet figured out.  Instead of a red, white, and blue American flag holiday home, we now have turquoise, silver, white, and red.  Nice huh?  Here’s a little preview of those colors in a playful, festive vignette I put together in our bar area.  image First I filled the glass vases (from Target and Home Goods) with faux snow and ornaments.  Then I wrapped “presents” and made a few bows.  image Snowflake ornaments from Hobby Lobby hang from above. Christmas Vingette 035 Would you believe I did all of this and snapped some of the photos during James’ afternoon nap?!  It’s true!  Halfway through with wrapping paper and ribbon everywhere I started thinking, “He’s gonna wake up any minutes and be all over this!”  But no:) image image image I love this “naughty” and “nice” gift wrap I found at Wal-Mart last year.   The other wrap is from Hobby Lobby and The Container Store. image Christmas Vingette 025 You say it doesn’t snow in Texas? image image Oh, I forgot to mention that Jimmy picked up a few poinsettias at Home Depot over the weekend.  See that little guy peeking out at the end? 🙂  Christmas Vingette 050 I’m sharing this post with Rhoda, Queen of Southern Hospitality! image and my girl Nicolette at Momnivore’s Dilemma. image

1. November 30, 2010 / 4:09 am

I love all your holiday ideas! My husband and I both agree that you have our favorite house 🙂 It is GORGEOUS!

2. November 30, 2010 / 4:12 am

Looks beautiful! I am impressed that you got it all done while the little man was napping. I never seem to get much done while Aidan is napping… I swear they always know when we are starting something and choose to wake up at that moment!

3. November 30, 2010 / 4:22 am

Feels like Christmas!:) Love the colors. I love to put ornaments in my big glass vases…I just realized I am missing the fake snow. Thanks for the tip! Now, I have to go get some tomorrow. Do you have a garden ridge in your area? I heard they are awesome and we just got one! Can't wait to check it out. thecoolkidsblog.com

4. November 30, 2010 / 4:29 am

See why I miss those naps? You can either waste them or take advantage like you did. This is so cheery and fun and I love the snowflakes coming down!

5. November 30, 2010 / 4:41 am

im loving that festive modern color palette!

6. November 30, 2010 / 4:51 am

That looks great! I need to get some fake snow!

7. November 30, 2010 / 4:59 am

Love the color scheme!! Very pretty!

Emily Hewett
    awelldressedhome.com/blog

8. November 30, 2010 / 7:31 am

How pretty! I love your color scheme. Very festive! You accomplished a lot during nap time. Your packages are beautiful. Wrapping gifts is one of my favorite things to do.

9. November 30, 2010 / 9:41 am

Gorgeous ..love it…especially those hanging snow flakes…adorable..well done sweety x

10. November 30, 2010 / 11:31 am

I love it! And, I love your color choices. The turquoise really pops!! I love faux snow!!

11. November 30, 2010 / 12:27 pm

Love it, I am moving slow on the decorating this year, I gotta get a move on 🙂

12. November 30, 2010 / 12:59 pm

Gorgeous! I've used the same colors this year only not so bright. I have to say, though, I really love the shiny:) The hanging snowflakes look really pretty too!!

13. November 30, 2010 / 1:37 pm

LOVE IT! The colors are fabulous and I just love that you added turquoise! Makes me want to get out of my PJ's and finish my decorating : )

Paula

14. November 30, 2010 / 1:45 pm

Looks awesome! Love the colors, very bright, fun and festive. 🙂

15. November 30, 2010 / 2:07 pm

I love the touches of turquoise. So pretty Megan!

16. November 30, 2010 / 3:47 pm

Megan this is so delightful!! I love to see what everyone is doing for holiday decor!

Do Come and Enter my $200 giveaway from Fifi Flowers!
    xoxo

Karena
    Art by Karena

17. November 30, 2010 / 4:12 pm

Wow – you've already done so much with your christmas decor. Putting us mere mortals to shame. Love it!

18. November 30, 2010 / 4:12 pm

That blue ribbon is gorgeous. 🙂 I love the faux snow with the blue ornaments. 🙂

19. November 30, 2010 / 4:21 pm

What great colors!!! One day I'm going to get away from my traditional colors.

20. November 30, 2010 / 4:23 pm

Megan, it's beautiful! I love this color palette, so fresh & modern too. Love it all.Glad you are going to join the vignette party on Thurs. This is so much fun!

21. November 30, 2010 / 4:45 pm

You always do such a great job! Those colors are great, they are traditional but with a twist 🙂

22. November 30, 2010 / 5:39 pm

omigosh! it's all so pretty! And I cannot believe you did that all during nap time! looks great…

kristinhassan.blogspot.com

23. November 30, 2010 / 6:17 pm

What a fun idea, Megan! Way to put the bar to use! The snow flakes are my favorite part (: I also like the red white and blue color scheme.

24. November 30, 2010 / 6:32 pm

that looks so pretty and fun! my kids would try to open all those faux gifts if i had that in my house! 😉

25. November 30, 2010 / 8:26 pm

So so pretty!!! That is one big vignette girl! I wish I had all that space. 🙂

26. November 30, 2010 / 10:02 pm

OH it is so pretty and festive! I love!

Luvs!

27. November 30, 2010 / 11:11 pm

soooooo pretty =) Is it bad that I don't have my wrapping paper yet? I totally need to get on the ball! You picked out some gorgeous colors & paper dahling <3

xoXOxo
    Jenn L @ <a href="http://peasandcrayons.blogspot.com>Peas & Crayons</a>

28. November 30, 2010 / 11:39 pm

My BFF used tourquoise and red for her wedding this past summer and it is my favorite color combo! I think the colors really accent each other well! I love the idea for Christmas! Very pretty!

29. December 1, 2010 / 1:59 am

Love it! Where did you buy your ribbon? I'm on the hunt for purple and gold.

30. December 1, 2010 / 2:26 am

Ahhhh! Love it! So pretty! Good choice with the colours!!

31. December 1, 2010 / 2:42 am

This is flipping spectacular!!! Ok…tell me my dear…what camera do you use? I am in need….ugh. It has been so dark here lately with all the rain. Your pics and the colors — FABULOUS.

I am NOT surprised…you drip with style.

Cheers~
    e

32. December 1, 2010 / 3:35 am

That faux snow is from Pottery Barn for $2.50. I got it on sale for 75% off during the "after Christmas" sale- love those!!

33. December 1, 2010 / 5:51 am

Hey I did my mantle today during James' nap…my James anyway…it was awesome he woke up as just as I finished. I love the colors you have put together and the wrapping paper is adorable.

34. December 1, 2010 / 4:22 pm

You took serious advantage of naptime!!! Way to knock out a huge project….looks so pretty and festive!

35. December 2, 2010 / 2:23 am

Wow! It all looks so amazing! The color combination is spot on! Now I just need the invitation for the party you're gonna throw. You have to show that off! 🙂

36. December 2, 2010 / 4:49 am

Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursdays, Megan!

xoxo
    Nicolette

37. December 2, 2010 / 4:51 am

Come to think of it, this is a great way to "hide" all the real presents from prying toddlers who destroy the piles of gifts and lower halves of trees…

for all you mamas out there reading this blog.

Megan, I will "steal" this idea, once I start wrapping my gifts…

38. December 2, 2010 / 6:30 am

I so remember those days…naptime went by soooo fast for me! Everything looks wonderful…so many ideas! You have a great blog, so I'm going to follow along:)

Blessings,
    Linda

I’m hosting a Christmas Open House on 12/9…would love to have you come by and join in on the fun!

39. December 2, 2010 / 7:52 pm

Gorgeous! LOVE the colors and all the sparkle!

40. December 3, 2010 / 8:36 pm

Oh how I love all that sparkly goodness!!! It looks amazing! I'm excited to have found your blog too….can't wait to look around some more 🙂

41. December 3, 2010 / 9:53 pm

I love the pretty and vibrant colors, and esp. how they look on the marble counter. Cheers!