Chocolate Covered Toffee

As if the desserts devoured on Thanksgiving weren’t enough, on Saturday I had an insatiable craving for chocolate-covered toffee.  After realizing how simple it is to make this deliciously buttery chocolately goodness, I started making it at home last year (about once or twice a year).  It’s fun to make because you get to use a candy thermometer (but you don’t have to if you don’t have one) and the scientific process of how these few ingredients meld to make this delicious treat fascinates me.  The only problem is that after I make it, I can’t stop eating it!  In fact, I’m eating it now as I draft this post!  I use a recipe I found on foodnetwork.com.  There is no redeeming nutritious value in this recipe whatsoever, but I love it! image image image image  image image Oh yeah!  This is definitely my favorite part! image And when no one’s looking, why not have a dip? image Sometimes I’ll put the tiny bits into the mold cup and sprinkle in a touch more salt. image After you’ve nibbled up the excess toffee, it’ll look like this image I like to put the toffee into individual paper cups for easy (and pretty) access.  And you certainly don’t have to use a candy mold.  You can simply pour the hot toffee onto a sheet pan lined with wax paper and then pour the melted chocolate on top.  When it’s solid, just break it up into smaller pieces. Toffee 066 p.s.  At the end, you’ll think you’re saucepan has been ruined forever, but don’t fret, just soak it in some hot soapy water for awhile and it’ll be good as new. image image These guys don’t stand a chance!  Yuuuuummmmy!!!!! image Have you been indulging in sweet treats lately?

1. November 28, 2010 / 4:24 am

You home is beautiful. I just saw the pics on the side. When I have time (from unpacking for the second time in less than a year) I am going to sit down and drink coffee and read through your blog.

I am stopping by Southern Comfort in a Northern Life:)

2. November 28, 2010 / 4:32 am

Yum! I can honestly say, the only good thing to come of Kate's not being able to have chocolate, due to the caffeine, is that we no longer have it readily available in our house. Therefore, mom isn't eating it ALL THE TIME!!! I am having to rethink our Christmas treats this year. Good thing the kid likes white chocolate as well!!

3. November 28, 2010 / 4:54 am

oh my heavenly goodness! those look soooo good!

4. November 28, 2010 / 6:18 am

I never thought about putting toffee in molds! It's so much cuter!

5. November 28, 2010 / 8:20 am

This sounds so yummy and decadent! It would make a nice hostess gift as well. I love the idea of making it in a candy mold. Your French manicure looks beautiful!

6. November 28, 2010 / 1:06 pm

Yum, Yum, Yum! There is nothing I love more than toffee and chocolate. I will be making these for sure. I am like you though, once I make sweet treats I can't stop eating them! Thats why I try to avoid baking alot!

7. November 28, 2010 / 3:18 pm

Looks delicious! I love that you use the decorative forms for it too. I love little treats like this all wrapped up to give as teacher gifts. Very cute!

8. November 28, 2010 / 3:33 pm

TWO STICKS OF BUTTER?!?!? They look so decadent!! I like how you're collaging your photos and adding text, fun to look at and read!

I'm eating a piece of pumpkin pie this morning while I blog hop. 🙂 Don't want to be wasteful about the leftovers!

9. November 28, 2010 / 4:48 pm

Delicious!!

Your blog is beautiful…I hada great time browsing it.

Blessings to you!

10. November 28, 2010 / 5:38 pm

Oh my!!!! This looks fabulous, even with all the candy I ate yesterday I would still stuff my face with this!
    XO
    Kristin
    PS Your stairs look awesome! I think we will start decorating today too!
    XO

11. November 28, 2010 / 10:08 pm

STOP IT! Those look amazingly good and you're right, not to hard. I've never made these before, but bookmarking for later : )

Paula

12. November 28, 2010 / 11:43 pm

I'm still full from Thanksgiving but I think I need these in my life. Hehe. Looks so good.

13. November 29, 2010 / 12:08 am

I have NEVER made these. I have made lots of goodies but these look so yummy! We should do a candy exchange. 🙂 I call dibs on these. I could make my bourbon balls or white chocolate-peppermint bark. 🙂 Mmmm…how can I be hungry after this weekend?

Cheers~
    e

14. November 29, 2010 / 12:35 am

Oh these look so so yummy!!!

Luvs!

15. November 29, 2010 / 1:29 am

Holy potatoes! I think I love you… and that toffee! I can't wait to make it! 🙂

16. November 29, 2010 / 2:23 am

Oh my – this is calling my name. Thanks for sharing. New follower, btw!

17. November 29, 2010 / 2:25 am

The toffee is more than halfway gone and it's only been 24 hours . . .

18. November 29, 2010 / 9:14 pm