Mom Cave {My Closet}

While James takes his morning nap, I take my cup of coffee into my closet and get ready for the day.Β  I can count on at least 45 minutes of silent, uninterrupted alone time and it is Bliss!Β  I love this space because it is well-edited, organized, has no toys, and For.Mom.Only! πŸ™‚

Closet 020

Pretty flowers and cups make me feel girly.
Closet 004 Closet 093
Closet 051
Closet 055
Photos and sweet sentiments are a joy to see.
Closet 053
Organization makes me happy and less-stressed out.Β  Being able to see what I have makes quickly getting dressed a snap.
Closet 011 Closet 017
Closet 021 Closet 044
Closet 082Closet 049
Shoes. Need I say more?
Closet 031
Closet 075
Closet 065

The light fixture is theΒ Murray Feiss Lucia Oval Chandelier

1. October 25, 2010 / 1:11 am

I can see how you feel refreshed and relaxed in your "mom cave" closet. It just screams organization and no boys allowed πŸ™‚

2. October 25, 2010 / 1:14 am

I have closet & clothes envy right now! LOVE your mom cave!

3. October 25, 2010 / 1:15 am

Sorry, my computer is acting funky!! Your mom cave is just awesome – definitely all about mom! Hope you win πŸ™‚

4. October 25, 2010 / 1:19 am

Okay girly, I must admit that I am just a *teensy* bit jealous of your fab Mom Cave! What an awesome spot to unwind and relax! I love how organized everything is. Definitely makes getting ready a snap in the morning! And so easy to see what you have. I always feel like I'm rummaging for things and forgetting what I have! Such a great space. I hope one day I will have something as nice as your closet! I hope you win! Have a great week! πŸ™‚

5. October 25, 2010 / 1:28 am

Oh my goodness, love your closet!! I can see why it's a favorite place of yours. Just found your blog and will be back!

6. October 25, 2010 / 1:29 am

O —- M —- G!!!!

Would your husband and you consider a sister wife just so I can indulge in that closet? I do not need to keep anything there…I just want to join you for that 45 minutes.

May I ask what is hanging about the gift bags? I love this….simply love this mom cave.

And this is a DUH — you are going to win.

Cheers~
    e

7. October 25, 2010 / 1:48 am

um.. how come we haven't seen this yet! I might hate you just a little bit.. πŸ™‚

8. October 25, 2010 / 1:48 am

All I need is a spare room to make into a closet…this is Amazing Megan, you are the luckiest girl!! Everything is beautiful, the light fixture is my favorite!
    Londen
    xo

9. October 25, 2010 / 1:59 am

I seriously need to rethink my closet organization! I love how everything is color coordinated!
    And I want to know whats in those pretty bags too!!!
    Amazing!

10. October 25, 2010 / 2:11 am

You have the BEST closet I have seen in a long time, if not ever! And the light fixture, lovely! Janell

11. October 25, 2010 / 2:14 am

Just linked to this post on facebook & twitter. If this is what a "Mom Cave" is…I want one! πŸ™‚
    Janell

12. October 25, 2010 / 2:14 am

WOW! I need to add this to my list of things needed in our next home. It is beautiful!

13. October 25, 2010 / 2:20 am

Wow Megan! That's some closet! It is stunning, and I love everything about it! I'm definitely using this as inspiration for my own closet. We've got to add some additional shelving to make it a little more functional. But first I need to pick up the clothes off the ground!

14. October 25, 2010 / 2:25 am

WOW!!!!!!!! I think I am in love. That is every woman's dream! What a lucky girl. Thanks for sharing. I would have many excuses to be in my mom cave πŸ™‚

15. October 25, 2010 / 2:30 am

Thanks for all your sweet comments! The bags are actually empty- I just loved that Tory Burch pattern. So pretty!

16. October 25, 2010 / 2:44 am

Oh man, I have major closet envy right now!!! Did you custom design the space? I love it, I would make that my mom cave too!

17. October 25, 2010 / 2:44 am

A-ma-zing! I would love a darling and organized space like this! Love everything, but especially the chandy and the shoe wall.

18. October 25, 2010 / 2:46 am

Holy crap, girl. That room is fabulous! Love the light fixture, how you have your scarves, your color coordinated sweaters, and your shoes! What a lovely space!

19. October 25, 2010 / 2:50 am

Wow!!! I am in love! I will have sweet dreams about this space tonight! Sharing on my FB Page! Just love it!

20. October 25, 2010 / 3:16 am

Girl, you know I love that closet!! You are one blessed Mama! xxoo

21. October 25, 2010 / 3:54 am

Wow, Megan! This is amazing. My dream closet, would be an understatement! I think you have quite a few shoes I would LOVE to have (or borrow!) It's stunning. I think any mom, or 20 something college girl, would adore getting ready in there (:
    I hope you win!!

~Michaela

22. October 25, 2010 / 4:43 am

OMG…you closet is bigger than my bedroom…lol I use to have a big closet when we had our bigger home but we downsized now to the Love Shack and I'm already trying to make it bigger…lol

23. October 25, 2010 / 5:47 am

A girl after my own heart,
    I keep my heart with my shoes, hehe
    Fabulous Closet! So in love!!!!

24. October 25, 2010 / 7:18 am

WOW. Can I come live in your closet?! That looks amazing!

25. October 25, 2010 / 11:21 am

Ok, your closet is insane! I am loving it! Saving pictures to show the hubby later what a closet should look like! I spy some Tory Burch boxes- I love her shoes, I went through a phase where I was quite addicted to buying them and now have quite the collection! Anyways I adore your mom cave, it is gorgeous!

26. October 25, 2010 / 12:03 pm

Wow, what a stunning space. That is my dream closet-I love it! Great Mom Cave!

Best wishes,
    Natasha.

27. October 25, 2010 / 12:12 pm

Wow. Just wow. What an incredible, beautiful space! Good for you!

28. October 25, 2010 / 12:38 pm

What a lovely space! I use the same goblets from Anthro for my brushes and pencils, too!!

The light fixture is perfectly glamourous, too!

29. October 25, 2010 / 1:32 pm

I am eternally jealous of this space! I'm a closet color coordinator too…makes things look so much prettier! I also am a believer that even closets should be pretty so kudos on a beautifully designed closet!

30. October 25, 2010 / 2:15 pm

Wow! I thought spaces like this only existed in my dreams… Amazing!

31. October 25, 2010 / 2:20 pm

WOW! What a beautiful closet! Looks like the perfect place to relax. Where did you get that fabulous light fixture??

32. October 25, 2010 / 2:35 pm

I must say that I really appreciate having the space for this closet.

The light fixture is from Lighting, Inc. in Houston, Texas.

33. October 25, 2010 / 3:03 pm

Okay…so, when do I move in? LOL I love it! I love anything super organized, and that space is over the top!! You've given me a few ideas in the process, thank you.

34. October 25, 2010 / 3:13 pm

Love it!! I am totally jealous!

35. October 25, 2010 / 3:28 pm

Are you kidding me? I am totally jealous of your closet!!!

36. October 25, 2010 / 4:14 pm

It's a good thing we're already friends and I know how nice and sweet you are…or I may just have to cut you from the friend list!! It's not right to be that jealous of a friend. πŸ™‚ I'm totally kidding….AMAZING closet/mom cave. If I were Home Goods, I'd grant you the winner now!

xo

37. October 25, 2010 / 5:13 pm

WOW! That is awesome. I would love to have that mom cave. Did you turn a bedroom into a closet or build it that big?

38. Anne
    October 25, 2010 / 5:30 pm

Wow! This is very inspiring! I would love to know what the hooks are that your jewelry is hanging on. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

39. October 25, 2010 / 5:36 pm

Oh my gosh I am drooling, and kinda wanna move into your closet and just sleep among all the pretties! Please can I?!!

Such an awesome space!

40. October 25, 2010 / 5:38 pm

I am definitely suffering from Mom Cave Envy right now! πŸ™‚ It is gorgeous!

41. October 25, 2010 / 5:41 pm

I'm drooling…must wipe mouth. lol…your closet is jaw dropping beautiful. Love it.

42. October 25, 2010 / 6:30 pm

I'm afraid nobody likes you, now! It's a gorg spot to spend time in for sure, love the pink touches.

43. October 25, 2010 / 10:57 pm

That is exactly what I want my mom cave to be! Right now it is our old bedroom… but I plan to make it my changing room soon. What an inspiration!

44. October 25, 2010 / 11:03 pm

Oh my…You're Mom Cave is so gorgeous, reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw of Sex & The City…Its so fabulous. I love how organize and girly it is.

45. October 26, 2010 / 1:37 am

Now that's a closet to die for!

Jane

46. October 26, 2010 / 2:37 am

Beautiful!!! You have my dream closet :O) I love your blog, I just added you to my list of favorites :O)
    Kelly

47. October 26, 2010 / 4:09 am

are. you. kidding. me.
    girl, you are majorly channeling carrie bradshaw with this closet.
    it is flat out amazing.

48. October 26, 2010 / 4:44 am

Your closet is my dream "after". Wow. Looks like it was pulled from the pages of In Style. Seriously…

49. October 26, 2010 / 11:06 am

Wow! Your closet is fantastic!!! It makes me want to go shopping. lol
    Thanks for sharing πŸ˜€
    ~Carrie

50. October 26, 2010 / 4:29 pm

Gorgeous! A dream closet and winner for sure.

51. October 28, 2010 / 7:49 pm

Hey Megan, I just found your blog. I love your closet!! Slowly but surely I'm making my way through your house. HA! I'm your newest follower.

52. November 1, 2010 / 2:02 am

Now, that's a hideout for sure! Good for you. I adore that light! Lezlee

53. November 1, 2010 / 3:03 am

How "COOL" that your closet is your mom cave, but after seeing it I can see why!

Blessings,
    Linda

54. November 1, 2010 / 3:07 am

If I had your closet I hold up in it, too!

55. November 1, 2010 / 5:53 am

Oh my this is so beautiful and to die for wonderful! I would love to spend time in there just pretending its my closet! Thanks for sharing and making me feel like I need to go re-do my closet…or in this case, go knock out a wall or two and re-build:)
    Really its wonderful!
    Terry

56. November 1, 2010 / 8:36 am

This is stunning!! It reminds me of Oprah's closet. I am moving in January and I will have my very first walk in closet..it is not near this big but I will definitely be thinking of your style when I put my things away. Thanks for sharing.
    I am kinda fascinated by how many pairs of jeans you have LOL! Then again..maybe I have that many too but just can't find them all LOL

57. November 1, 2010 / 4:06 pm

Now that is a closet! Love the organziation and the chandelier. The space is just beautiful and I love how you added special touches like your kids pictures and cards.

58. November 1, 2010 / 11:29 pm

Can you come to my house and make my closet into my cave…just like yours? This is awesome!

59. November 2, 2010 / 3:24 am

Ugh.. closet love!!! you are a lucky girl to have such a lovely space to start your day. Stunning!

πŸ™‚
    ButterYum

60. November 2, 2010 / 11:03 pm

Your closet is the best thing I have ever seen! I want it:)

61. November 6, 2010 / 3:22 am

Lovely! That's my dream closet! What brand is that light? I feel like I've seen it before but I can't place it. I love the detailing!

62. November 8, 2010 / 7:08 pm

Wow. Your closet is the size of my entire bedroom. And I can only wish that my bedroom looks half as good! Love the light fixture & the flowers. I could vacation in your closet.

63. November 19, 2010 / 4:59 am

It's wonderful that you were able to create your cave in your closet. I have a hard time keeping mine clean but you inspired me… so we'll see.

64. December 30, 2010 / 5:15 pm

Super gorg! Love everything about it! Glad to see that I am not the only one who likes their clothes and shoes colour coordinated! lol

65. February 4, 2011 / 4:39 pm

Love your closet it's really beautiful! That light fixture is to die for! I wish my dressing room looked like this!

66. December 8, 2011 / 3:40 pm

I just came across your blog — and linked up for the party today πŸ™‚

I LOVE your home – dream home for sure! It's beautiful, chic, and cozy all at once!

p s – the closet is the best!

xo
    B

67. January 21, 2012 / 4:06 pm

Megan,

I know this post is from a while ago, but I just now came across this discussion of your *fabulous* closet! I am in love! A question or two for you – what do you have hanging above the Tory Burch bags? Are they sweaters? And what kind of hangers do you have up there? I am working on my own closet, and though I can't tell exactly what you have going on there, I know I love it πŸ™‚ I also REALLY like the way you hung your scarves, and plan to copy you shamelessly! Thanks for your help!

68. August 30, 2012 / 2:28 pm

WOW! I am totally pinning this for my future dream home πŸ™‚ LOVE IT The shoe display is awesome and such a genius idea for the scarves. The favorite part I think is the pendant light and the back lighting for the clothes. Its so serene.

69. September 27, 2012 / 9:54 pm

Your closet is the best thing I have seen! Breathtaking!!!!

70. September 28, 2012 / 11:05 am

This is one of the prettiest closets I've seen in a long time. Very nice.

71. January 16, 2013 / 2:13 am

As a professional closet organizer & stylist, this is amazing!! Thanks for sharing, glad to have found you today!

72. January 18, 2013 / 1:30 am

I can't imagine how one person can need this much stuff …

73. January 26, 2013 / 2:36 pm

Your closet is gorgeous!! I have the same light fixture in my dining room. I LOVE it!!

74. February 24, 2014 / 3:52 pm

Validate your closet address to see if it's real,please-lol!

75. October 28, 2016 / 8:22 pm

Oh my goodness I am in love with your closet! Do you know the dementions of it? I am building a home and I have a decent sized closet and am trying to plan the shelving units now.. I would love more information and or pictures! kgroy11@gmail.com

Please and Thank you!