The “O” Collection

I didn’t set out to collect O-The Oprah Magazine, I just kept keeping them:)  I don’t have every copy ever published, although I do think I’ve been a subscriber pretty much from the start.  In fact, I remember where I was when I read my first O Magazine.  I was single, living alone in a small apartment, while going to college for broadcast journalism, and about to enter law school.  I recall taking that first magazine to the complex’ pool to read one evening.  I loved O’s message of “Live Your Best Life” and still do.   image image image Until recently, these magazines were sitting in open storage bins in my office closet.  As I began pulling them out of the bins to organize them, I noticed that they looked pretty in similar color combinations, so I put them on display in the Container Store magazine holders in my office.  Do you collect anything?  If so, how do you display your collection?

1. September 30, 2010 / 11:01 am

Wow…they look great displayed that way. Matches your Rainbow Bookshelf! I can't say I have any "one" thing I collect, just lots of different things. I used to save my "sets" of magazines, but when I realized how much space they take up and how little I referred back to them, they went to the recycle bin!

2. September 30, 2010 / 11:44 am

I love how simple yet beautiful something like magazines can be…if displayed right that is :). I can't say I really collect one thing either…

3. September 30, 2010 / 11:51 am

I adore the fact that you are a lover of rainbows. In grade school I would constantly dump out all my crayons and organize them by colors. How I wish I had something to organize into colors!

I know I have a collection of PB catalogs. You would think they ARE magazines. I hate throwing them away. Much to my husband's "grr" I never seem to part with them.

Cheers~
    e

4. September 30, 2010 / 12:14 pm

I don't really collect anything, especially to display, except perhaps my children's art would qualify. Great messages in these magazines, and the colors are indeed pretty! Janell

5. September 30, 2010 / 2:06 pm

Do shoes and handbags count as collections? ha!

6. September 30, 2010 / 3:10 pm

It's so funny what we find ourselves collecting, and yours looks so pretty! I have a box full of smushed pennies from my childhood 🙂

7. September 30, 2010 / 4:17 pm

I love the colors of those! I'm actually never read O magazine! ;(
    Now for my collections, I would say shoes, jewelry, and clothes! haa
    Mine might be more expensive! 😉

8. September 30, 2010 / 5:17 pm

I've never subscribed to "O" before. I have waaayyy too many unread mags around here. I keep them in a wooden crate next to the chair in my family room. Need to start going through them. :s

9. September 30, 2010 / 7:21 pm

I think I have every Domino Magazine! Need to get me some of those magazine holders from the container store – looks very nice 🙂

Lone

10. September 30, 2010 / 8:45 pm

If shoes count as a collection then I am in! Love the rainbow effect. And, girl, those photos are fantastic!!!

11. September 30, 2010 / 9:14 pm

Lovely!

Um, do cardigans count? I even have them arranged rainbow style like your books and O mags! And I seem to have a lot of those little white ceramic Ikea pots with small house plants. I gathered them to water the other day….12?!?! But they look so cute just about anywhere!!!!!

12. October 1, 2010 / 6:16 am

Wow — they are so pretty all together. What a fun collection!

Thanks for your sweet comments on my Beachy Laundry Room!!

xox
    Jen

13. October 1, 2010 / 6:18 am

Dang, that's alotta O magazines! I agree with everyone above–they looks great displayed like that! Collections… hmm… well, it looks like I have a collection of blue mason jars goin' on over here. And I have a pretty hefty collection of coffee cups too. Just saw that you commented over at my place… isn't it LATE in Houston??

14. October 1, 2010 / 12:11 pm

Looks great! I really enjoyed your home tour over on 6th Street Design– you have impeccable style and I just love your kitchen as well as your amazing curved staircase. So gorgeous!

15. October 1, 2010 / 5:52 pm

Megan,

Such a great idea and great displaying way to organize your O magazines. I too am a subscriber! I collect crosses and decided to display them by framing them which I just did a blog post on. Btw – I was born and raised in Houston but do not live there right now. How i miss that town!

16. October 1, 2010 / 6:16 pm

Pretty I love all the vibrant colors. And hello Container Store, that place is A-mazing!!

17. October 3, 2010 / 2:10 am

This is amazing collection and it really looks nice in conjuction with your rainbow bookshelf…

I wonder if they set out to do the binding this way…intentionally…

Mr. Goodwill Hunting